Who has taken ketoconazole tablets?

WhiteWolfKevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not even consider taking ketoconazole tablets, it is one of the most hepatotoxic drugs on the market. The FDA has linked its off label use with patient deaths and the drug has been outright banned by the European Medicines Agency due to its liver toxicity.
Even when it is used for its prescribed purpose (which is rare since the drug has been replaced by much safer drugs since its inception) it is used for short term use only. Obviously it isn't going to be appropriate to treat a chronic condition like androgenic alopecia that requires long term use of pharmaceutical interventions.

cyclonus

Reaction score
plus its not even clear if it works against hairloss as an oral drug. Many similar drugs don't do well against alopecia (most of the prostate cancer drugs of the newer generations).

hair228

My Regimen
Reaction score
plus its not even clear if it works against hairloss as an oral drug. Many similar drugs don't do well against alopecia (most of the prostate cancer drugs of the newer generations).
Someone on another forum said that ketoconazole only works well when taken orally, and someone on this forum proved it.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not even consider taking ketoconazole tablets, it is one of the most hepatotoxic drugs on the market. The FDA has linked its off label use with patient deaths and the drug has been outright banned by the European Medicines Agency due to its liver toxicity.
Even when it is used for its prescribed purpose (which is rare since the drug has been replaced by much safer drugs since its inception) it is used for short term use only. Obviously it isn't going to be appropriate to treat a chronic condition like androgenic alopecia that requires long term use of pharmaceutical interventions.

What? I have never heard or read this. Can you link me please?

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What result? What are the side effects? Better than shampoo?

I have taken it for several months oral, it works well surprisingly for hairloss. Few things

Your sperm and libido will take a hit. But I didn’t really mind it

thatslin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken it for several months oral, it works well surprisingly for hairloss. Few things

Your sperm and libido will take a hit. But I didn’t really mind it
You are also taking finasteride right? Maybe it is finasteride that is affecting your libido? Or you never encountered this issue before you added oral keto to your regime?

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are also taking finasteride right? Maybe it is finasteride that is affecting your libido? Or you never encountered this issue before you added oral keto to your regime?

It was more than a decade ago and I didn’t take keto for hairloss neither did I know keto was this bad for health. It was for another health condition and my hairs were silky smooth and so beautiful.

I am not that crazy to take experimentals for hairs. Keto is not good for adrenal glands or some sh*t

WhiteWolfKevin

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed! Many people are unaware of this...

WhiteWolfKevin... hmmm... sounds familiar.... Sounds German.... sounds like Kevin Mann!