Who has been on Just Rogaine the longest!!

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone i have been on Rogaine for about three months and have just noticed slight recession on my temples.

I am concerned that Rogaines effectivness will wear off but i will never touch any DHT inhibitors beacause its simply not worth the risk, id rather be bald than have thin watery sperm and no erections!!!

I am therefore wondering who has been on just Rogaine the longest? Has it maintained well?

Thank you everybody in advance.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
rogaine doesnt not mantain any hair, you wouldnt have to use spironolactone as inhibitor. rogaine only regrows, but you'll keep on losing the hairs

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
m.gibson said:
I am concerned that Rogaines effectivness will wear off but i will never touch any DHT inhibitors beacause its simply not worth the risk, id rather be bald than have thin watery sperm and no erections!!!

You should at least try dht inhibitors man. You may have no sides plus sometimes side effects are blown out of proportion in these forums. You never know until you try. Just my 2 cents.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
m. gibson,
As Aplunk said I have been on and off of minoxidil for 7 years.

minoxidil will not maitain your hair. (I went from NW4 to NW2 just using rogaine in 1999 in 3 months. The fact was that I continued balding and minoxidil only gave some temporary hairs which gave the look of NW2. I eventually went to NW6 after which I started finasteride/dutasteride).

Try finasteride, see a doctor regularly for blood tests. If you don't want to use finasteride,

Start prescription proxiphen.

G

techprof said:
m. gibson,
As Aplunk said I have been on and off of minoxidil for 7 years.

minoxidil will not maitain your hair. (I went from NW4 to NW2 just using rogaine in 1999 in 3 months. The fact was that I continued balding and minoxidil only gave some temporary hairs which gave the look of NW2. I eventually went to NW6 after which I started finasteride/dutasteride).

Try finasteride, see a doctor regularly for blood tests. If you don't want to use finasteride,

Start prescription proxiphen.

Techprof, are you still using minoxidil? Did you grow up in Bangalore?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badass,
After using Dr. Lee's all minoxidil products (15..5%) I am currently on rogaine foam. Love it.
I grew up in Chennai/Madras and have been to Bangalore many times.

G

techprof said:
badass,
After using Dr. Lee's all minoxidil products (15..5%) I am currently on rogaine foam. Love it.
I grew up in Chennai/Madras and have been to Bangalore many times.

Cool, my family is from Baroda, Gujarat and my girlfriend is from Bangalore. I know this may sound like im asking too many questions but do you live in Silicon Valley(San Jose, CA) area?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil since 1994. in my experience it does keep hair on my head despite not adressing the fundemental cause of hairloss. It worked for ten years before i started losing ground noticably.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
H/B said:
Minoxidil since 1994. in my experience it does keep hair on my head despite not adressing the fundemental cause of hairloss. It worked for ten years before i started losing ground noticably.

I think thats a good point. I have been on it for two years and it seems like just recently it is really starting to give me gains and not just maintainence.

I'm pretty sure it depends more on the type of hairloss were talking about.

Obviously someone with super dht susceptible hair won't maintain long with it. Someone with only a slight balding problem might maintain a long time?

That why i say i hope my sucess with it means i don't have that bad of a balding problem.