Who has been on finasteride the longest?Please share your experience

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started in 2002, so I'm on year 5 or so on Propecia. I think it helped regrow the temples and vertex in the beginning.

I am not sure if my hair got worse after a few years, but I think without Propecia I would be complete bald up top.

I'm currently taking the Big3 and MSM, and so far my hair looks a million times better than a few months ago.

I think Minoxidil is a no brainer.

I'd like to take dutasteride at some point, but I told myself I'd give myself 6 months on the Big3 before I'd change anything big.

Reaction score
Holy s%%%

Guys ive recently (last month) switched over from propecia (merck) to generic proscar from india. This talk of fake pills has got me worried, should i be? As well ive already split like a years worth of pills into 4's does air really screw with the product?

AntzMK

Reaction score
actually what i am consider is about will it be damage the liver for taking a long time....have all the long tern user check their liver function???that;s the thing that i consider the most....

abcdefg

Reaction score
the reason propecia doesnt sell so well is theres a lot to worry about with it. I mean most men hear sexual sides and just think hair isnt that important. I mean hair is important but I mean is it worth sacrificing your health? I mean we know DHT is a simplified general treatment for a multiple genetic trait. Taking propecia is exactly like cutting off your arm because you have frostbite in your finger it just makes little sense.
Sometimes i think science should just let us all deal with all our problems. Life will never be "nice" or "fair" no matter what science does.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well as for sides, I take my finasteride when I get home from work at nite, because I felt that it made me sleepy during the day. As far as libido goes, I might have had that go down a bit but I have such a busy life right now that I can't say that the drop in libido is just due to finasteride. I started taking Horny Goat Weed and my libido perked up.

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
the reason propecia doesnt sell so well is theres a lot to worry about with it. I mean most men hear sexual sides and just think hair isnt that important.
You just made that up didn't you. I seriously don't think that is the reason why most men don't use propecia.

abcdefg said:
I mean hair is important but I mean is it worth sacrificing your health?
I don't believe it is sacrificing ones health. Its an extremely well tolerated drug thats been around for a long time. To assume it will cause long term problems is speculation and more so paranoia.

abcdefg said:
Taking propecia is exactly like cutting off your arm because you have frostbite in your finger it just makes little sense.
<cough> *bullshit* </cough>

Reaction score
Bump

Holy s%%% Guys ive recently (last month) switched over from propecia (merck) to generic proscar from india. This talk of fake pills has got me worried, should i be? As well ive already split like a years worth of pills into 4's does air really screw with the product?

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
qqwertyuiop2000 said:
Bump

Holy s%%% Guys ive recently (last month) switched over from propecia (merck) to generic proscar from india. This talk of fake pills has got me worried, should i be? As well ive already split like a years worth of pills into 4's does air really screw with the product?

I have not seen anything conclusive about whether air affects the potency of the cut pills. Some people say it does or might, some say definitely not, but I haven't heard anything scientific on the matter. I personally think it probably doesn't do much to affect the pill, but to be on the safe side I would just cut one pill at a time (ie. every 4 days).

dude, I think you are the first I have heard of to cut a years worth in advance!

problem you have now is this. its already hard enough to monitor the effect of finasteride on ones hair. is it helping? is it perhaps slowing my hairloss? our minds are constantly playing tricks on us and its always a difficult thing to judge. Now that you have thrown a couple more uncertainties into the equation (fake pills, deminished potency due to air), I can see you heading for a year of mental anguish. Unless of course your hair obviously improves, which I hope for you it does.

Jm0311

Reaction score
abcdefg is just stating HIS OPINION so.... plus there is no need to scare people out of using finasteride anyway abcdefg

Reaction score
Thats it **** it role with the punches and see what happens.
With the regime i got if this doesnt stop it NOTHING WILL PERIOD.

Ive got every angle covered, so well see.