who am i kidding?

NaS

Reaction score
Ive been on finasteride since the start of february 2008. My hairline for some reason began to deteriorate rapidly about 2 months ago (last august early september). I have no idea how this happened.. it's thinned out, and is not thinning a little bit on the front of what would be the "forelock". my hair at the front also looks VERY stringy and VERY unhealthy.

after being on it for so long, i refuse to consider this as a "shed". i think it's just destroying my hair quality, and is shitting on my hairline.

p.s. i didnt even start proscar to tackle my hairline - i started it because i noticed a little bit of thinning on my crown.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
NaS said:
Ive been on finasteride since the start of february 2008. My hairline for some reason began to deteriorate rapidly about 2 months ago (last august early september). I have no idea how this happened.. it's thinned out, and is not thinning a little bit on the front of what would be the "forelock". my hair at the front also looks VERY stringy and VERY unhealthy.

after being on it for so long, i refuse to consider this as a "shed". i think it's just destroying my hair quality, and is shitting on my hairline.

p.s. i didnt even start proscar to tackle my hairline - i started it because i noticed a little bit of thinning on my crown.

Yeah my hair looks pretty stringy sometimes too, I don't know if it's from finasteride or what, any answer to this would be appreciated.

NaS

Reaction score
^ i'm not sure. i noticed this about 5 months into the proscar.

but i think i have pretty much lost my battle. proscar just doesnt appear to be working for me. fair enough, shedding is one thing, but if my hairline has visibly receded, with a lot of the hairs now so thin they look as if theyre on their last legs.. THAT to me does not sound like "shedding".. that sounds like male pattern baldness.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
NaS said:
^ i'm not sure. i noticed this about 5 months into the proscar.

but i think i have pretty much lost my battle. proscar just doesnt appear to be working for me. fair enough, shedding is one thing, but if my hairline has visibly receded, with a lot of the hairs now so thin they look as if theyre on their last legs.. THAT to me does not sound like "shedding".. that sounds like male pattern baldness.

Hopefully someone with some experience on the matter will respond with an answer for the both of us, it would certainly give me some peace of mind.

Sorue

Reaction score
Well you're not even halfway through 2 years, so just sit through the shed. For what it's worth, i had a SECOND shed on my crown roughly about 5-6 months after i started, which is kinda like what you're going through now, but it all grew back thicker. So don't worry