Which Of These Will Not Work With People Who Did hair transplant

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a hair transplant months ago mostly by technicans and I believe my existing follicles that are resting on the top of my head have been damaged. as the surgery was unprofessional. anyway...

My question is... which of these treatments will not work for me as someone who did hair transplant:

1-RCH-01
2-Histogen
3-Samumed
4-Brotzu Lotion
5-Follica
6-Tsuji

Thank you in advance. your feedback is much appreciated.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Since it's ontopic, I'll ask concretely: can the technique used by RIKEN/Tsuji cram follicles in between a hair transplant recipient zone, based on current knowledge?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Given how hair transplants supposedly cause scarring in the tissue surrounding the transplanted grafts, the only treatments I expect to not be affected by them are other similar procedures that implant healthy tissue along with the hair.
So while none of the treatments you listed above will likely work directly in the recipient area, you could still go the roundabout way with Tsuji, for instance, and harvest donor hair to be used in further hair transplants. In theory, of course.

Last edited:

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you please tell me when will this tsuji treatment will be available? . and if I have the money can I do it now?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brotzu's Lotion and Samumed are topical compounds supposed to stimulate hair growth. Based on this similarity to minoxidil I'd think that these will not interfere with transplanted hair so you should be able to use them if they make it to the market (but wait for official statements or consult with a doctor first).

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brotzu's Lotion and Samumed are topical compounds supposed to stimulate hair growth. Based on this similarity to minoxidil I'd think that these will not interfere with transplanted hair so you should be able to use them if they make it to the market (but wait for official statements or consult with a doctor first).
when is that samumed thing coming out anyway?

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
All these treatments will work on the recipient area but will not work on the donor area, except tsuji or follica that may work

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
All these treatments will work on the recipient area but will not work on the donor area, except tsuji or follica that may work

I'm pretty sure Tsuji specifically said the procedure is not likely to work (well) in transplanted (recipient) areas - precisely due to scarring.
By that logic any procedure that doesn't address the issue of scar tissue is likely to face the same hurdle.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Tsuji specifically said the procedure is not likely to work (well) in transplanted (recipient) areas - precisely due to scarring.
By that logic any procedure that doesn't address the issue of scar tissue is likely to face the same hurdle.
Actually he replied he is unsure:

Keiko: Question 5: Several users have scars from previous hair transplants. Both from strip excision and follicular unit extraction on the back of the head. There is also some damage to the skin tissue in the recipient areas towards, the front. One of our most popular questions was whether primordium hairs will be capable of growing through these and other types of scars (such as burn scars), and be capable of healthy growth in such an environment?

Mr. Toyoshima: We appreciate their interests in this and asking this question, and would like to offer our technologies to as many patients with scars as possible. Hair transplant procedures often leave some damage in the skin, forming scar tissues thus significantly deforming the subcutaneous tissues structure, or resulting in loss of the subcutaneous fat layer underneath the skin. However, follicles have a characteristic which enables them to grow through normal hair cycles by interacting with the surrounding tissue. As far as the effectivity on such skin with a serious damage, the effects of our hair follicle germ regeneration technology in such case is yet to be determined, therefore we believe that we still need to conduct significant verification for that purpose. However, it is not that I have only bad news. With our hair regeneration therapy using the hair follicle germ regeneration technology, we can artificially combine cellular tissues to tailor to the specific needs of the patient. Therefore, we believe in principle, that even for a patient with various special clinical requirements such as scars, we will be able provide a hair regeneration therapy for these individuals in the future, which is carefully tailored to such needs.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when is that samumed thing coming out anyway?
They've only announced phase 2 results but they haven't announced what their next step is or if it is already in action. They could repeat phase 2, they could have already started phase 3, they could be planning phase 3, point is we don't know. My guess is this either comes before 2020 when all the big guns will be lining up (replicel/shiseido and riken), or it will miss it's window of opportunity when hair loss treatments are more developed (hopefully) and they won't make the market at all.

resu

Reaction score
At least Breezula and Setipiprant will work in keeping what you have.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually he replied he is unsure:

Keiko: Question 5: Several users have scars from previous hair transplants. Both from strip excision and follicular unit extraction on the back of the head. There is also some damage to the skin tissue in the recipient areas towards, the front. One of our most popular questions was whether primordium hairs will be capable of growing through these and other types of scars (such as burn scars), and be capable of healthy growth in such an environment?

Mr. Toyoshima: We appreciate their interests in this and asking this question, and would like to offer our technologies to as many patients with scars as possible. Hair transplant procedures often leave some damage in the skin, forming scar tissues thus significantly deforming the subcutaneous tissues structure, or resulting in loss of the subcutaneous fat layer underneath the skin. However, follicles have a characteristic which enables them to grow through normal hair cycles by interacting with the surrounding tissue. As far as the effectivity on such skin with a serious damage, the effects of our hair follicle germ regeneration technology in such case is yet to be determined, therefore we believe that we still need to conduct significant verification for that purpose. However, it is not that I have only bad news. With our hair regeneration therapy using the hair follicle germ regeneration technology, we can artificially combine cellular tissues to tailor to the specific needs of the patient. Therefore, we believe in principle, that even for a patient with various special clinical requirements such as scars, we will be able provide a hair regeneration therapy for these individuals in the future, which is carefully tailored to such needs.
I remember study said that against the common belief that healthy hair follicles are dependent on normal scalp skin, they actually acticely modulate scalp skin environment throughout their life cycles(which explains why transplant woeks in the first place). Maybe @Swoop can chime in on that? I remember reading this quote from your post somewhere far away in the hair loss forum galaxy.

Off topic: how many of you have noticed that while native hair always grow on healthy looking white-ish skin, tranplanted hair grow on the brown-ish, damaged skin regardless of its environment and without changing the properties of those surrounding scalp?