Whey based weight gainers and hairloss

prussian123

Reaction score
I tried a whey based weight gainer product which is supposed to have about 600 calories and 56g of protein per serving. I took 1 serving per day for a week and started noticing hairloss at unprecedented level. I am on propecia for about an year and it was working well before this happened

Did anyone else have the same problem when using whey and other dairy based health supplements? Is there a better whey based product which will not cause hairloss?

Obsidian

Reaction score
If it bothers you, just start making your own protein shakes instead of buying tubs of whey. That way you know what you're putting in yourself and it's cheaper in the long run.

s.a.f

Reaction score
f*** me is'nt there a thread about 2 threads down exactly the same as this. Dont people ever try reading before posting. :thumbdown2:

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if anything whey is protein so it would eliminate the tiny possibility that a protein deficiency is causing your hairloss, that's all it does

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
For your peace of mind, switch to soy-based protein for some time and see if it makes any difference.

Caesar

Reaction score
You are probably just shedding, because there is no way a whey protein shake is that androgenic haha

edit: I'm taking a ton of whey protein and every other legal supplement you can think of (besides PH's) and I think its making me healthier, and gives more shines to my locks