Where to find prescription for finasteride in Canada?

captaineyes

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new and it's good to be here! I live in Toronto and have thought about using finasteride- but I'm so inexperienced that I don't know where to get a prescription! I tried buying online already and while I managed to "buy", the medication was ripped out of my package by customs at the border and all I got was an empty box! :) Not interested in doing that again!

Anyway, if there are any Canadians out there who could help me out, I'd appreciate it. I don't have a family doctor so would I have to see a dermatologist to get a prescription? If so, do I just call up his office and/or walk in and ask for a prescription? Really, I'm an inexperienced guy so any help would be great. I don't know what to do, as ridiculous as it sounds.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

feenix101

Reaction score
Aye aye Captin!
I live in Toronto also. First off, you don't need an appointment for a Walk-In Clinic, that's where I got mine filled out. It was the easiest thing to get really, I went in for a bad cold, the Doctor asked me a few questions about it, and then right before he was getting me a prescription for anti-biotics I mentioned Propecia to him, and he said " Hey no problem!" and filled out 1 years worth of refills and said come back if I want more. No questions asked (well, beside the ones about my cold). I should've gotten it sooner had I known how simple it is. BTW, Welcome to Toronto, and Good Luck with your regimen.

Uncle Leo

Reaction score
I agree with feenix, the walk-in clinic is the easiest if you don't have a family doctor. Just tell them you need to see a doctor about getting a prescription filled.

Be careful ordering it online, customs seems to confiscate a lot of orders (as you know). If you are worried about cost then get a prescription for proscar and cut it into quarters. Any pharmacy will be able to fill it for you.

Good luck!