Where to buy Dr Lee's minoxidil

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes u can buy it from there and there are several versions and Xandrox is not a fast drying one

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil Foam

Actually great question :)

I just wasn't sure whether the foam would be quite as good for the following 2 reasons.
1. would as much of the foam be absorbed in to the scalp as the lotion,
2. could having longer hair result in less foam reaching the scalp compared to the lotion

I was thinking I might use the lotion at night time and the foam in the morning before work.

Do you think this is a good approach? Or would you just use the foam morning and night?

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
If u have short hair applying foam is easier and lotion would be good option if u have long hair as foam might get stuck in the hair.

I have long hair and am using lotion but I have placed order for foam and see how it goes.

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
the key however is to use minoxidil 2 a day. If the foam doesn't get stuck in the hair and u are able to push it to scalp then use it twice a day. Seems foam gives results faster around 16 weeks while it takes longer time for lotion to show the result

Bertie

Reaction score
Re: minoxidil Foam

AussieExperiment said:
I just wasn't sure whether the foam would be quite as good for the following 2 reasons.
1. would as much of the foam be absorbed in to the scalp as the lotion,
2. could having longer hair result in less foam reaching the scalp compared to the lotion

I wouldn't be too concerned about #1 above; if anything, Rogaine Foam is a more proven treatment than Lee's fast drying formulations, as Pfizer had to run trials and submit the results to the FDA in order to get it approved for market. As for #2, you are supposed to rub the foam down to the scalp with your fingers. This makes the application process take maybe 2 minutes longer than simply digging down to the scalp with the dropper as with the liquid Rogaine and equivalent generics, but it does mean you are getting the minoxidil down onto the scalp.

I was thinking I might use the lotion at night time and the foam in the morning before work.

I think several people are doing this; saves a bit of money, too -- the rock bottom price (Costco or Ebay) for liquid minoxidil is $5/month; that of Foam, $12.50.

Really, the foam is a wonderful thing, making a proven, cosmetically acceptable 5% minoxidil available so that people can apply the stuff 2X day rather than just EOD should be a nice help.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Foam is 12.50????

I saw it in CVS for 49 bucks!