Where is...

JackWhite

Reaction score
Darkly Charming???? There have been no new informative and appreciated posts from the man for over a week. I am worried. There must be something positive to report Darkly????

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
he's getting a transplant, thus he won't be worrying about hairloss anymore.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm around guys. Nothing new to report as far as hair multiplication goes but I'm constantly keeping a watch on it. Remember its when scientists get quiet that they're getting close. Bragging only lets competetitors know what you've accomplished and catches them up.

Trent is right, I'm getting a transplant with Armani. I'll be documenting this too and sharing because its a unique situation to go through. I never knew the medication you are offered, the pre- and post- instructions, and what not. I'll put together something to share as to the whole thing so that's understood more completely as well. Surgery date is July 18th.

talbin

Reaction score
DarklyCharming said:
I'm around guys. Nothing new to report as far as hair multiplication goes but I'm constantly keeping a watch on it. Remember its when scientists get quiet that they're getting close. Bragging only lets competetitors know what you've accomplished and catches them up.

Trent is right, I'm getting a transplant with Armani. I'll be documenting this too and sharing because its a unique situation to go through. I never knew the medication you are offered, the pre- and post- instructions, and what not. I'll put together something to share as to the whole thing so that's understood more completely as well. Surgery date is July 18th.

Why are you getting a transplant? I read in one of your previous posts that you can style your hair and nobody can notice your loss and that you'd just be doing multiplication in a few years. I would rather not have to have a scar on the back of my head if I didn't have to.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Getting the transplant because I'm a perfectionist and honestly, a fairly vain guy. I like perfect hair and the ability to style it with great, anime/soap opera styles.

I lost the ability to do that by losing hair in my temple areas. Granted, I can still style my hair in certain ways, like short cuts and pushed forward, but in my life as with everything else, I strive for perfection. Just the way I am.

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking along the same lines. I lost my temples when I was 19, but I could still have anime style hair. Wasn't until last summer that I couldn't really do that because my widow's peak is now starting to thin. For the first time I can see scalp in bright light where there is still hair.

I can still style to some extent, but not how it used to be. Right now I just shaved it cuz I was sick of having to wash out the topicals. It looks fine. To cover up the thinning in front I've got a mohawk going because its the only style that makes the front look thick still.

HM is no 100% guarantee any time soon and a transplant will give back the youthful look. I'm waiting for propecia to come in the mail and hoping it will stablize what I have. Even if it brings the front of my hair back to 100%, I still dont like the slick temples that I've had for so long. Its easier to cover up thinning anywhere else on the head than the hairline. Rather go with a sure thing now anyways so I dont ever have to be "the dude who got the plugs"

Darkly, how many grafts are you looking at getting? I will need probably around 1500 to look like the guys on armani's site. I'm really excited to see how yours turns out.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Follijinxed,

I'm getting the full on 3000 grafts, because I asked Armani how many to get my hair in front thick, close my temples and lower my hairline, and to the point of any style I wanted to do. He said 2500-3000.

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll probably need the same then. Going to cost more than I thought, perhaps I should do an online consultation.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Shoot him some pictures of you online. Its free and will give you an idea. He sends you a video file of himself looking at your pictures and pointing out what to change.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
About hair transplants, do they make the donor area look thin ever? I've always wonered this.

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe with FUE if you get a shitty doctor but with strip, they cut a whole strip out of your head, leaving the rest of the hair untouched. So it just depends on how noticeable that scar is.