Where Am I Supposed To Apply Minoxidil.

dozzum

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to be starting 5% minoxidil liquid soon, wanted to use foam but cannot get it where I am at the moment.

The instructions say to use 1ml on the affected areas.

Now I have a very obvious receding hairline and obviously thinning crown and my hair on top of my head in general is much thinner than it was 6 years ago.

So should I be applying it to the top of my head in general or just my receding hair and crown?

Or should I be applying it to my whole head in general as its going to make it look greasy so this will at least make it all look the same?

And is it 1ml spread over all the areas I choose to apply it or 1ml per affected area?

Sorry for all the probably stupid questions.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to be starting 5% minoxidil liquid soon, wanted to use foam but cannot get it where I am at the moment.

The instructions say to use 1ml on the affected areas.

Now I have a very obvious receding hairline and obviously thinning crown and my hair on top of my head in general is much thinner than it was 6 years ago.

So should I be applying it to the top of my head in general or just my receding hair and crown?

Or should I be applying it to my whole head in general as its going to make it look greasy so this will at least make it all look the same?

And is it 1ml spread over all the areas I choose to apply it or 1ml per affected area?

Sorry for all the probably stupid questions.

Put it on your hairline. It works just as well there.

Please keep in mind without Finasteride the gains you get from Minoxidil are temporary, at
best.

Also, only forty four percent of men actually respond to Minoxidil.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is I like what I'm using now. It works, but slowly.

It's the service that is getting me angry. Smaller bottles, and other things. (Murray).

dozzum

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ye I am also going to be starting finasteride as well.

I have pretty short hair anyway and was considering getting a grade 5 on top to help reduce the issues with hair looking greasy so that's why I thought about applying it all over.

Also thought if I'm going to get shedding it might as well be even rather than just the areas I'm already looking bald...

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe its 1ml per area, so one for hair line and one for crown. If you are thinning in the areas between you might as well throw some on there as that will probably be thinning sooner or later.

That's what I think to. There's so many high concentration Minoxidil products out there.

Don't think more than one milligram is dangerous. In fact, use more.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe its 1ml per area, so one for hair line and one for crown. If you are thinning in the areas between you might as well throw some on there as that will probably be thinning sooner or later.
In my situation that means I need a tank of minoxidil per month.
why they don't make it a scalp injections with small doses like a few days a week?