When's the best time????

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Sorry if this has been discussed a million times, my work network is too slow to browse through pages and pages of archives.

I want to know everyone's opinion on the best time to take Proscar / Propecia. I have been taking it every morning once I get to work - on an empty stomach, but right before breakfast.

I read in a post somewhere that someone suggested taking it before bed, as it can help with relaxing. Is this true? Is there any difference at all?

Should you take it with or before a meal?

Cassin

Reaction score
In my opinion...

The best time is when you will remember it everyday, no matter what you have going on. When I wake up I am thirsty so I always have a bottle of water next to me so thats when I take it. Right when I get out of bed.

But medically, I have never heard of a "time to take it"

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I agree with cassin, it is indifferent what time you take it...as long as you take one every 24 hours.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The medical literature suggests that it does not matter if its taken in the morning or night with either a full or empty stomach. NOW, some people here actually do claim that taking it at night helps them feel less "lethargic" during the day. This is not a scientifical claim and should be taken with a grain of salt.