When you are a pathetic candidate (pics)

michael barry

Reaction score
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... pic_page=1 Look at that thread and the pics of the patient. Look at his donor area. He literally has see-through hair back there. He really thinks he can achieve full coverage with about 15000 body hair grafts. He will need at least 60,000 in my opinion (and he will still have thinnish hair).

Look at this picture of J.Howard Marshall at 49 guys http://www.factweb.net/images/marshall.jpg . He was Anna Nicole Smiths husband.

Look at him right before he died http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0105/ ... 8omaka.jpg

That guy had decent hair at 49. This was pre-propecia too. So he had no help......look at how bald he was at 90. He practically didnt even have donor hair. What are some of you transplanters gonna do with those plugs when EVERYTHING BEGINS to thin in your fifties and sixties?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
michael barry said:
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=34506&mesg_id=34506&page=&topic_page=1 Look at that thread and the pics of the patient. Look at his donor area. He literally has see-through hair back there. He really thinks he can achieve full coverage with about 15000 body hair grafts. He will need at least 60,000 in my opinion (and he will still have thinnish hair).

Look at this picture of J.Howard Marshall at 49 guys http://www.factweb.net/images/marshall.jpg . He was Anna Nicole Smiths husband.

Look at him right before he died http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0105/ ... 8omaka.jpg

That guy had decent hair at 49. This was pre-propecia too. So he had no help......look at how bald he was at 90. He practically didnt even have donor hair. What are some of you transplanters gonna do with those plugs when EVERYTHING BEGINS to thin in your fifties and sixties?

Very compelling - and the precise reason why I'd never consider hair transplant surgery of any kind....it's exchanging one problem for many more down the road. Plus, even the "good" ones look off. Just my opinion.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But if he'd been on propecia he probably wouldn't have ended up so bald and so could have benefited from a transplant if he'd been willing to start propecia.

Anyone who considers a transplant needs to understand this, you need to be on propecia.

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought Propecia is gonna work for certain period of time..may be 5 years..even this guys taken propecia may wud be gud for 5 years..and if we are destined to end up like that ..may be wud be its gud to get a good look now atleast... my opinion.

michael barry

Reaction score
Regrowing hair,

Man Propecia cuts serum DHT by 65-70%. Merk claims it cuts scalp DHT by 38%, but some studies have that number higher. However, it doesnt get it ALL. Neither does Dutasteride (98% of type 1 and 52% of type 2 induced DHT).

Propecia usually grows the most hair the first TWO years, and then you more or less level off until year 5, when you SLOWLY start to lose haircounts per square inch for the rest of your life. Losing hair, but NOT NEARLY as fast as you would on nothing at all. Some guys try to use topicals like Revivogen, Crinagen, topical green tea to ADD to propecia and cut DHT in the scalp as much as they can. I imagine that they get much more mileage out of the treatments and keep their hair much longer.

We are all trying to hold on to what we have until a terrific new treatment, a gene-cure, or cloning comes along. My point about transplantation is this.........if you start losing your hair before 30 on its own, you more than likely were going to go completely bald, and thus be a horrible candidate long term for surgery. Treatments hold off the inevitable for many.....sometimes proboably for a couple of decades and potentially even more as we learn. But, as of now, its a good bet you might bald to where you were going to even if its 30-40 years later than you would have. Think about this before going under the knife. You may be VERY sad later and look like this (scroll down the thread to see pics) http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... &mode=full

Have a great one, and keep up the fight, help may be coming in 5-10 more years.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=34506&mesg_id=34506&page=&topic_page=1 Look at that thread and the pics of the patient. Look at his donor area. He literally has see-through hair back there. He really thinks he can achieve full coverage with about 15000 body hair grafts. He will need at least 60,000 in my opinion (and he will still have thinnish hair).

By the time i am 50 or 60 i wont care if i am totally bald, even if i have to shave the graphs i have in now. I am more worried about looking good in my youth then worrying about what i will look like when i am that old.

Also the chances of some new drug or cloning not being out by then is very very rare.

jeffsss

Reaction score
the guy in the first pic reminds me of a bottle nosed dolphin with his forehead..

but in all seriousness...

I'm going to hold off on a transplant untill HM comes out and is deemed safe.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
the guy in the first pic reminds me of a bottle nosed dolphin with his forehead..

but in all seriousness...

I'm going to hold off on a transplant untill HM comes out and is deemed safe.

Cus you not that bad Jeff, lol..

What is HM?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hair multiplication.

Several good hairs are taken from the backside of the hair, and they are multiplied in petri dishes. They mutiply the donor region, allowing for great density.

The earliest it's said to be out is 2009-2010. It will probably be available 5-15 years.

michael barry

Reaction score
Tpeter
I'll get around to "shaving the grafts in a sec"

For now though......you stated "I wont care what I look like at 50 or 60". Number one, if you have cueball genetics without treatments....you'll proboably run into problems by your late 30's. But thats not what I wanted to get to.....Man, with nutritional and supplemental, herbal advances coupled with the advances in medicine....if a young guy like you excercise and takes care of himself he might be "youthful" well into middle age. You and your wife might still have a hot sex life in your fifities and even sixties. Look at Brad Pitt, the son of a b**ch is 42 and looks 30. He works out and proboably eats right, I dont think he will be an unattractive man in ten years when he is 52, and I bet he will still enjoy getting it on with Angelina then too, ya think?

"Shaving the grafts" have you ever heard of cobblestoning, white scars around the plugs, donor scars......zip scars in the back of your head.......like knife cuts. Do a google picture search of Donor scar. You will see what I mean. As Ive stated before, surgery is for men who dont start balding before 30 with NO HELP at all from treatments in my opinion. And hell, like Aplunk said......in 5-10-or 15 years.....who knows, maybe we will go get a few shots in our heads and all have luxuriant full heads of hair anyway for MUCH less money.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
Tpeter
I'll get around to "shaving the grafts in a sec"

For now though......you stated "I wont care what I look like at 50 or 60". Number one, if you have cueball genetics without treatments....you'll proboably run into problems by your late 30's. But thats not what I wanted to get to.....Man, with nutritional and supplemental, herbal advances coupled with the advances in medicine....if a young guy like you excercise and takes care of himself he might be "youthful" well into middle age. You and your wife might still have a hot sex life in your fifities and even sixties. Look at Brad Pitt, the son of a b**** is 42 and looks 30. He works out and proboably eats right, I dont think he will be an unattractive man in ten years when he is 52, and I bet he will still enjoy getting it on with Angelina then too, ya think?

"Shaving the grafts" have you ever heard of cobblestoning, white scars around the plugs, donor scars......zip scars in the back of your head.......like knife cuts. Do a google picture search of Donor scar. You will see what I mean. As Ive stated before, surgery is for men who dont start balding before 30 with NO HELP at all from treatments in my opinion. And hell, like Aplunk said......in 5-10-or 15 years.....who knows, maybe we will go get a few shots in our heads and all have luxuriant full heads of hair anyway for MUCH less money.

Good post.

Thing is i can speculate what the future will hold for me and could have decided to hold off on a hair transplant till say maybe im 35 - 40 or wait for some new technology but why? I would rather have the certainty of having a good head of hair in my prime youth now at almost 30 then guess on what the future holds. If all turns out well my hair transplant will last me till im 35-40 until i need another procedure. Perhaps HM will be out then or maybe not? Then after that, 15 years from now i bet we have Hair cloning or hell some new drug. Either way like i said i would much rather have a good head of hair at this point in my life "Single" 29 years old, then play a waiting and guessing game of what the future holds.

Hell i wanted to have a hair transplant back when i was 24 but everyone told me to wait until i was older to see how it progressed. Well guess what, i have the same head of hair now at 29 that i did when i was 24. So technically i could have had that hair transplant back then and had 5 more years of my life with more hair.