when will side effects go away? :(

stalley92

Reaction score
hello all

i have been a long time lurker on this forum and decided to start big 3 about 5 months ago. side effects were not happening in the first weeks and i felt great, maybe even more horny but my penis went numb on 4th week so i went to the doctor. she advised me to quit finasteride as she said it can do long time damage to the penis tissues and also cause brain problems in young men. i quit straight away because i have trusted my doctor for many years.

since quitting i am feeling very unwell i am afraid :(.. no erections in weeks, brain just dos not feel right and people are really looking down on me at work. my wife is telling me that i am depressed and if this carries on she will leave with kids and everything.

what is going on here? doctor said when i quit that everything should return to normal. i have booked to see her in 2 weeks, preying she can help.

Bob Chylan

Reaction score
it does not sound like you have a very good wife if she is threatening to leave and take your children away from you because you are depressed. A wife should support you and help you overcome your problems.

stalley92

Reaction score
i don't blame her, what this drug has done to me. we are a normal couple with problems before and now no emotions, verge of losing my job and no erections in months.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. Your doctor prescribes Finasteride, and you try it for a month. You find you have problems on it and go back to see your doctor. It's at THIS point she tells you that it's dangerous, causes penile tissue damage and brain problems in "young men" then tells you to get off of it? Did she elaborate on what types of 'brain problems' it causes, and where she found this information? Did you ask her why she didn’t tell this to you when she first prescribed it?

And now after only weeks, your wife is sick of you being depressed and is threatening to take your children away and leave you? And you are on the verge of being fired because you aren't having erections?

I'm sorry but I’m a bit skeptical of your post. There was a member not too long ago that had created multiple fake accounts on this forum and HLH, created fake stories just to bash propecia. I’m not saying that’s you (I hope to god it isn’t) but that’s why I am skeptical right now.

My apologies if this isn’t the case; I genuinely hope for your recovery. However, if your wife is seriously considering leaving you because you are having some medical problems (only after a few weeks) it's a strong indication that your marriage has some fundamental issues, and marriage counseling would be a prudent course of action.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
stalley, whic kind of penis damage she told you?