When will my Mom Learn!!!

VWdude

Reaction score
Well i told my Mom that i wanted to color my hair... a lighter brown.. just this once it won't hurt... and she looked at me funny and shes like "why would you want to do that, it's not healthy for you to color your hair while your on the medication! It could cause a reaciton you should check with the pharmacist." Note i'm on propecia and I wanted to explain the whole DHT thing but i sorta just gave up and walked away.....

I still love her though!

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
VWdude said:
Well i told my Mom that i wanted to color my hair... a lighter brown.. just this once it won't hurt... and she looked at me funny and shes like "why would you want to do that, it's not healthy for you to color your hair while your on the medication! It could cause a reaciton you should check with the pharmacist." Note i'm on propecia and I wanted to explain the whole DHT thing but i sorta just gave up and walked away.....

I still love her though!

explain it to her. they must know.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if you are bleaching your hair (making it a lighter brown?) and it's touching your scalp I would tend to agree with her - it's for sure not doing you any favours on the hairloss account.....

VWdude

Reaction score
yeah i know its not doing any favours if i do end up doing, but then again if i don't do it, it's not like its going to help out anyways....

I just dont want hairloss control what i do with my hair... i like styling it and i used to color it... i won't bleach it because its too harsh but i'd like to change it up every once in a blue moon.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
hear ya - I think you should go for it then! BTW: You're not meant to agree with your mother! i love my mother very much but we rarely agree on anything - that's part of growing independent from your parents.

VWdude

Reaction score
Yeah she's the first person i talked about my hairloss to. I didn't tell her i was on propecia until i got my prescription for it, and she was happy i was doing something about it and she told my older brother who is also thining that he should get on it too.