When using T-sal do you use it the same day as nizoral??

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
OR how do you rotate them?

I have experienced some itching lately and the nizoral doesn't seem to be working

I am thinking of going on the T-sal??

Proscar 9 months
Minoxidil 9 months
Nizoral 4 months

SE-freak

Reaction score
I use T/Sal prior to nizoral(same day) and whenever I feel like it by itself.

They work good together.

If you are using topicals, T/Sal will help by removing buildup and dead skin, hence increasing absorption.

Chujgcha

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use T-SAL right before Nizoral just like SE-Freak said. Like SE-Freak said the salicylic acid in T-SAL is a good exfoliator.

I don't agree with SE-Freak when he says:

You have to get naked to enjoy T-SAL.

Chuj

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
ya i was going to go pick up some t-sal because i am noticing that i am flaking off some dead skin from my head

will this help with itch too ?? because sometimes my head is itchy and red ?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Chujgcha said:

If I said that I lied. You use T/Sal, get naked, then enjoy Nizoral.

Scoiland, yes, it is said to help with itching too. Give it a go.

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
Chujgcha said:

If I said that I lied. You use T/Sal, get naked, then enjoy Nizoral.

Scoiland, yes, it is said to help with itching too. Give it a go.

i thought that T-gel was for itching ..... which one is best in my situation ?

The Gardener

Reaction score
I don't use T/Sal and Nizoral on the same night. Personally, it requires too much sitting time per night and doesn't have results in and of themselves that would make the wait worth it.

You can have the most comprehensive regimen in the world, but if it is so complex and time-intensive, it will only last a few months or so before you start to cheat on it. I am NOT saying that using two "sit time" shampoos is bad, or ineffective, but merely saying that part of an effective regimen must take into account the concept of "patient compliance" to borrow clinical trial lingo. In other words, the best of regimens is worthless if it can't be fit into your lifestyle in an easily repeatable fashion.

Shampoo choice is not something you can get accurate advice from others on. Every person's scalp is different. One thing we CAN agree on is the choice of useful tools, namely Nizoral, T/Gel, and T/Sal. Nizoral is probably the most important of the three to mix in because of its anti-androgenic properties. As to what the "best" shampoo regimen is for you, the only way you will figure that out is to experiment and tinker with all of the products yourself.

You might have a rugged scalp, and a T/Sal-Nizoral back to back app might be perfect for you. Or, your scalp might respond better to a more tame 2x nizoral app per week, with an occasional sprinkling of T/Sal, or T/Gel. Only through personal tinkering will you figure out what will turn your scalp into scalp nirvana...

SE-freak

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I don't use T/Sal and Nizoral on the same night. Personally, it requires too much sitting time per night and doesn't have results in and of themselves that would make the wait worth it.

My showers always last more than 10 minutes. I don't think this combo would really hold you back.

How do you know that it doesn't have results?

T/Sal will enhance absorption of nizoral and topicals. It is a good idea to combine them and use something less harsh the rest of the days so that your scalp has a chance to recover.[/code]