When stopping hairloss fails and what i learnt from it

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I spent a good couple of years trying to halt my male pattern baldness. I started off small with oils and saw palmetto, and ended up progressing to the stronger stuff like Minoxidil and finasteride and duta. My first experience with finasteride was abit of an emotional wreck and that turned into the male pattern baldness itch. Yes finasteride was giving me the male pattern baldness itch that i never had before. But i was desperate so i get trying with it and using different topicals, much stronger ones to the point i started having panic attack side effects with heart palpitations. So this along with the Male pattern baldness was the moment the downfall became noticeable.

So i stopped using Finasteride and Duta because it gave me the Male pattern baldness itch, but the itch never went away. Its feels like my scalp is way more sensitive to DHT or testosterone than it used to be. infact i can't use Minoxidil either now because it also sets off a horrible male pattern baldness itch for a few days.

So what have i learnt from this? Whenever i don't have the male pattern baldness itch i usually feel tired and have brain fog. And when i get the itch, usually, my heads feels clearer and i feel more motivated. This is almost like a sign to me when Testerstone or DHT is actually doing something good and bad. This also sucks because it means i can't be a healthy male without destroying my hair at a rapid pace. I can't go to the gym, i can't use anything that has any altering hormonal effects anymore.

I have also noticed that the faster i try and grow my hair, it also gives me the Male pattern baldness itch. So i feels like slowing it down actually benefits me more.

Its destroyed my life, my confidence and my health. When i think back to the amount i could have done if i wasn't so afraid to lose my hair, id be in a much better place. But im scared. I feel unattractive, the world just seems so shallow for my lack of feeling good about myself and i can't be the person i want to be.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well dutasteride made my hair thinner faster. Even after quitting my Crown hair stopped thinning and hair overall felt thicker. I regret using it for 1.5yrs. it gave me ejaculation problems too. finasteride does the same. But dutasteride even worse.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried Oral minoxidil last year. Had the sharpest male pattern baldness itch on the 2nd day of taking and it lasted for 5 days even after i stopped taking it. Its like there was a spot in the receding area that got so inflamed that it just needed scratching. And i feel like this is the way with anything that makes my hair grow faster or increases circulation to my hair.

I don't understand the correlation between faster growth and receding but there seems to be one for me. I have read the trick is to keep your hair growing way faster than it recedes. but for me the faster it grows the faster it recedes. And just saying it depresses me :(. I even limit the amount of biotin i take these days.

Its like testosterone or DHT is also part of the process of hair growth and increasing the circulation increases the hormone.

Last edited: