When is the right time to get a Fue hair transplant?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok so i want to get a FUE hair transplant but id prefer to do it in a way that means my hair looks fine but also reduces how many more transplants i might need. Originally i was going to get a full transplant to get a full hairline back. But i think getting to a decent point that i can keep might be good enough.

I really want to improve myself. So i been going to the gym, But that is totally destroying my hairline. it feels like a matter of time before i take a huge hit and im already struggling to style my hair as I'm around the norwood 3 point

I can't use finasteride or minoxidil because they really increase the receding and give me scalp inflammation. so transplant is my only choice to be happy with myself :(. which is obviously not what id have preferred but here we are :(

My question is. what point in the receding process should i get a transplant? to minimize how many i would need.

Attachments

• IMG_20230224_204532.jpg
    IMG_20230224_204532.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

olowshinenine

Reaction score
My hair loss started when I was 25 I'm 37 now. Probably a Norwood 4 I'm going to do the hair transplant now. I think my hair loss is done after observing my older brother

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Determining the right time for a FUE hair transplant depends on several factors, and there's no one-size-fits-all answer. Here's a breakdown of some key considerations to help you make an informed decision:

• Generally not recommended before 25: Your hairline and hair loss pattern is likely still maturing before this age, making it difficult to predict future hair loss and plan the transplant effectively.
  • Ideal range: 25-40: Hair loss tends to stabilize in this age group, allowing for a more accurate assessment and potentially longer-lasting results.
  • Possible after 40: While still feasible, extensive balding at this stage might require a larger number of grafts and potentially necessitate alternative transplant techniques like FUT.

Hair loss pattern and severity:
  • Consider the Norwood Hair Loss Scale: This scale categorizes male pattern baldness into seven stages, helping gauge the extent of hair loss and suitability for FUE.
  • Early stages (1-3): Medications or other non-surgical options might be sufficient.
  • Moderate stages (4-5): FUE can be highly effective, especially for targeted areas like the hairline.
  • Advanced stages (6-7): FUE might still be viable, but may require a larger number of grafts and potentially combined with other procedures.