When is the earliest time grafts start to fall out?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MAYBE I should have worded the thread better.

Actually, I wanted to know if grafts fall out with the "crusts." I am 10 days post op and the crusts started falling off since the 4th day but I did notice when I would gingerly move some off with my hands there would be hair inside the crusts of skin. Can anyone share similar experiences like this? Is it normal to see hairs in the crusts the 7 thru 10th day like me? It kind of freaked me out abeit.

Please chime in!

LG

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FC\

any luck with the topical spironolactone? Are you monitoring ur BP?

CCS

Reaction score
i saw them around 7 days. maybe even 6. I did loose one graft to rejection once. It was a cyliner of flesh that left a hole when it came out. the hole went away later. If you loose a follicle, it will be very different looking than the crusts. relax.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
i saw them around 7 days. maybe even 6. I did loose one graft to rejection once. It was a cyliner of flesh that left a hole when it came out. the hole went away later. If you loose a follicle, it will be very different looking than the crusts. relax.

I am relaxed! I called the MDs office and they said as long as they didnt bleed it is normal. The root wasnt uplifted. I am in the clear.

Thanks for the support though!

LG

Midiman

Reaction score
Yeah I lost one a day after surgery too. It bled pretty well. It's normal to see hair within the crusts as they fall out. It's actually a good sign.