When does the itch stop?

JamieG

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for about a month and the itch has definately reduced. My head only itches very occasionally now but it has not completely gone. I'm just wondering if anyone has had success with finasteride and still had a slightly itchy scalp. Cheers.

JamieG

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum to post in so please no ban but i'm about to start a cycle of test e. Just wondering if anyone has managed to control hairloss with finasteride whilst using test e?

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
my itch comes and goes. I've had pretty decent results from finasteride mostly based on comments from others who don't even know about my treatments. About a month and a half ago my head was itching horrendously. a few weeks later it stopped completely. It's really mystifying but I think it has to do with shed cycles.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
same as you, my itch reduced upon beginning finasteride. however, it never completely subsided, and sometimes i would have really itchy bouts. my best suggestion is for you buy a copper peptide. A good start would be american crew revitalize spray. it should completely eradicate your itch, provide shine and luster to your hair, and it supposedly lengthens the growth phase of the hair cycle which should slow down shedding.

other options are tricomin and folligen, but i'd just buy the american crew first and see how you like it. you'll probably have to get it online because most salons won't carry it. check out drugstore.com (free shipping and fast).

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
also, you should consider an anti-inflammatory shampoo such as nizoral or neutrogena tgel. both are available almost anywhere that sells shampoo.

JamieG

Reaction score
Cheers for the help guys! Actually one more thing i've just started to notice is that i'm itching pretty much all over quite a bit more. I use Nizoral EOD, could it be this or have something to do with the finasteride.