When does shedding occur on finasteride?

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
Was hoping someone can help me out! I've been on Propecia since Dec 2nd and already things are beginning to happen.

The good news is I've had temple regrowth that has become more noticeable every day, and has already improved my hairline a little bit. At first a couple of baby hairs came in on each side, which I've been keeping an eye on to prove it isn't my imagination. Since then more have come in and started to thicken!

I was really excited about this, but the last couple days I've begun to notice how much thinner and finer my hair looks and feels on top, even compared to pictures taken in October. Started to notice a bit of scalp under the bathroom lights, and when spiked up the horseshoe is more obvious. It's not yet glaringly obvious, but I'm fairly convinced it's got worse. It certainly looks worse.

Is this normal, particularly this early into treatment? I'm thinking the temple growth along with the fairly rapid loss means it's probably the meds, but I could do with a bit of advice. If it is shedding, should I expect to see more, and when will it likely stabilize? Any advice would be appreciated!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
generally people hit a shed at around the 3-4 month mark - that was how it was for me. you'll also hear a lot about a shed around the year mark - also happening to me right now. i doubt you're shedding thru the finasteride right now bro - but whatever you do, if you haven't already, TAKE PHOTOS. take a bunch of them in horrible unflattering light from loads of angles. then do your absolute best to ignore it for 3 months. then once a month or so after that take more photos in the unflattering light.

you'll really notice how things come along, much much more than you ever would without photographic evidence.

soxfaninfl

Reaction score
generally people hit a shed at around the 3-4 month mark - that was how it was for me. you'll also hear a lot about a shed around the year mark - also happening to me right now. i doubt you're shedding thru the finasteride right now bro - but whatever you do, if you haven't already, TAKE PHOTOS. take a bunch of them in horrible unflattering light from loads of angles. then do your absolute best to ignore it for 3 months. then once a month or so after that take more photos in the unflattering light.

you'll really notice how things come along, much much more than you ever would without photographic evidence.

I'm at the year mark, and I'm shedding a little bit. I'm shot shedding as much like I was at the 3-4 month mark. Will this happen every year I'm on propecia?