When did your finasteride shed start?

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm now on fincar tablet number four (so about week 4) and it would appear that a shed has begun :lol:

I'm ready to hang on for the ride. When did yours start and how long does it last?

My minoxidil shed began at roughly the same time into it (about the fourth week or a bit into it - I'm on month 6) but it lasted only two weeks and then had great regrowth begin after that.

So what am I in for here ? :freaked:

rescue hair

Reaction score
I started finasteride at about the same time you did - a little over a month ago. I appeared to be shedding as well at around the forth week. It might have nothing to do with the finasteride, but after about 2 weeks on finasteride, my hair looked really improved due to the increase in quality (ie. shinniness, appearance of health, etc...), but then it went back to the way it looked before due to a shed at about the 4th week. So I think we're in the same boat. Hope it starts to grow back. I can see lots of short little hairs close to my hairline.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, you're right.

There are a few little hairs on the hairline, looking at mine. Just a couple that I can see..

...But they look pretty sturdy and dark...

Alright buddy, you and me! Let's see what happens over the next couple months.

However, you're raw nothing with finasteride only, I've been minoxing for 6.

Ugh, can't wait till this is finally over!

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey guys, you sound like me at week 4. i had a decent shed start around week four that lasted probably 2-3 weeks (i can't remember the exact time) since then i am still losing hairs but not sheds, hairloss has definitely decreased. i also had little hairs popping in, many of which have come to the length of the rest of my hair, and some other new ones coming in to. at only 3 months, my hair has improved a decent amount. so hold on! hopefully your shed will only last a few weeks!

misterium

Reaction score
Teetering on the edge said:
I'm now on fincar tablet number four (so about week 4)

You have only taken 1 pill each week?

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Regrowth from finasteride after only 4 weeks? Or is it from minoxidil? Either way, that's freaking fast.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
18 days now, and I think I'm starting.. 25 hairs in the shower versus my usual 8-10.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm doing 1/4 tablet per day with one day off, according to a poster here who has had big success.

But my first two weeks I did 1/5 tablet per day with one day off.

I'm basically at about the end of week three.

But I've stablized on my routine. I'm going to do 1.25 mg per day with one day off.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
So people shed about the same time I am on finasteride?

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
I started shedding on my 2nd day of finasteride. I had never noticed loosing a single hair in the shower, and suddenly I was loosing 20-30. The shed lasted a few weeks, but I still loose 2 or 3 hairs in the shower now.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
False alarm.

I wasn't really shedding. I pulled out a couple of hairs the other day but nothing is coming out.

I'm sure it'll happen but as it stands all is well.