When Did You First Notice Some (significant) New Growth After hair transplant?

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am at 3.5 month mark right now and i already see some improvement, but the density in transplanted area is still not good. I was told to wait at least 4-6 months to see some significant growth. Can someone share their experience?
Thank you!

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am somewhat a slow grower. At 3.5 months, I barely stopped shedding... in fact my 3 months photo looked almost worse than 2 months post procedure.
It wasn't until at least 6 months I started to feel like it was presentable to the public without hiding it in a hat etc lol.
I'm currently at 8 months and feeling generally good.
I can say with confidence I did all I could to speed up the growth with a good diet, reduced alcohol intake (5 months without a drop), and stepped up supplements.
There are some crazily fast growers out there who looked amazing at 4.5-5 months, but I learnt not to compare myself to those and accepted if the final results are satisfactory which gives me a good change of appearance, I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much for response. Yeah there are some people with fast growth but in general i think you have to give it at least 6 months.
I also take supplements + minoxidil as i wanted to speed up the growth but i think it didn't help much. Just have to wait few more months.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At what stage had yere transplanted hairs shed? Currently day 31 and still have a lot albeit thinner than at 2 weeks.

Steve2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am somewhat a slow grower. At 3.5 months, I barely stopped shedding... in fact my 3 months photo looked almost worse than 2 months post procedure.
It wasn't until at least 6 months I started to feel like it was presentable to the public without hiding it in a hat etc lol.
I'm currently at 8 months and feeling generally good.
I can say with confidence I did all I could to speed up the growth with a good diet, reduced alcohol intake (5 months without a drop), and stepped up supplements.
There are some crazily fast growers out there who looked amazing at 4.5-5 months, but I learnt not to compare myself to those and accepted if the final results are satisfactory which gives me a good change of appearance, I'm happy with it.[/QUOTE

Have you noticed further results? Mine is limited in density after 12 months and now beginning to think it may have failed.