When can you suntan after a hair transplant?

omarshari

Reaction score
I was just wondering how long one should wait until they can start sun tanning ot use a solarium after a hair transplant?

G

If you must be in the sun because your occupation requires it, etc., be sure to wear a hat, bandana, whatever over the area to protect it!

Polish

Reaction score
Hello , I am from Poland. I am now 5 months after hair transplant( 1000 grafts in front).I have a good growth now but yesterday I was out playing soccer and my scalp received a little burn.My dome is bright redness. Can this accelerete loss ? Will there be damage to the grafts? My doctor told me that it wouldn`t damage the hair. Thanks for any opinions :roll:

G

They say you shouldnt really be in contact with the direct sun for atleast a month after you have a hair transplant,but im sure your doctor will be able to tell you.I would recommend not to stay in the sun but!

Damo

G

The ultra-violet rays from the sun especially at this time of year can be extremely intense and damaging to the epidermis and into the inside dermis tissue. You may have heard of the various stages or degrees of burn to tissue. The newly implanted follicules are establishing their blood supply, without it they will perish. The soft tissue takes a longer time to heal than the outer tissue. IMO most docs will advise you to avoid direct sun exposure for six to eight months post-op. In addition, many other health professionals like derms will warn against direct exposre to ultra-violet rays for more than seven minutes. The higher the UV rating, the more potential damage that can be done.

Polish

Reaction score
Thanks for Your opinions.Today I will play soccer with cap on my head.Many people from rich countries in Europe come to Poland for hair transplant because it is much more cheaper.I have a strip and one graft cost 1,2 $ , FUE 3 $ for graft.I know that Polish Doctors are member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.

Polish

Reaction score
Thanks for Your opinions.Today I will play soccer with cap on my head.Many people from rich countries in Europe come to Poland for hair transplant because it is much more cheaper.I have a strip and one graft cost 1,2 $ , FUE 3 $ for graft.I know that Polish Doctors are member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.

G

You're welcome Polish. By all means protect your grafts! Who was your hair transplant surgeon?

Polish

Reaction score
For 1000 grafts( strip) I paid 1200 $. The most popular remedys for hair loss in my country are Propecia,Minoxidil 5%, Epilobium and Nizoral. I am a big football fan and the best midlefield player in polish league is Jacob Burns from Your Country Damian.He has a greta hair besides

G

Polish i follow Aussie rules footy.This is one of the biggest sports in Australia.

Damo