Whats the Longest You've Shed for?

the longest i've shed is

• Total voters

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Everywhere i read people claiming their sheds last a few months at the most.. in my case i've been shedding constantly for 13 months. Have lost 30-40 percent density from all over. No bald spots as such but cant style the hair. just too flat to style, and volumizing products can only help so much. I've shed for 13 months like i said, of these 13 months the last 12 i've been on 1 mg finasteride.

take the time out to answer the poll and help me figure out whether its just me who continuously sheds this way or any other people too..

totally forgotten what its like to NOT shed hair, to not see hair in the sink, on the bathroom floor, on the pillow and on my shoulders all the time.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Propecia

Months 1-6 were pretty good.

Months 7-10 consisted of awful shedding.

Avodart

Months 1-5 were GREAT.

Months 6-7+ (I just passed the 7th month) have been consistent shedding, although not as bad as Propecia.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Sir_LagaLot said:
I'm confused. Everywhere i read people claiming their sheds last a few months at the most.. in my case i've been shedding constantly for 13 months. Have lost 30-40 percent density from all over. No bald spots as such but cant style the hair. just too flat to style, and volumizing products can only help so much. I've shed for 13 months like i said, of these 13 months the last 12 i've been on 1 mg finasteride.

take the time out to answer the poll and help me figure out whether its just me who continuously sheds this way or any other people too..

totally forgotten what its like to NOT shed hair, to not see hair in the sink, on the bathroom floor, on the pillow and on my shoulders all the time.

that seems waaaay excessive shedding to be just a reaction to propecia. Sounds like the underlying cause is too much for your current treatments?

What else are you on?

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Proscar:
month 01-09 about 10-20 hairs on pillow
month 10-13 about 40-70 hairs on pillow

Avodart:
month 00-01 about 10-20 hairs on pillow
since then about 20-50 hairs on pillow :(

hopefully the shed doesn't last long. my scalp is also in crap condition, it gets so oily and i don't know why. might have to take a trip to the derm.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
nervx said:
Proscar:

Avodart:

hopefully the shed doesn't last long. my scalp is also in crap condition, it gets so oily and i don't know why. might have to take a trip to the derm.

Order folligen and use it every day. You will be happy you did. Get your scalp into good shape and I think your shedding will be significantly reduced! You are not going to regrow/stop your hairloss if you scalp is in bad shape.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
check that, I thought I was talking to sir_lagalot... but since you responded, folligen will definetely help you get your scalp into good condition.

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
I said 9-12 months, although I started shedding back in October and it hasn't stopped yet. I don't see any end in sight either.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
started finasteride/nizoral/min in oct 05,shed after 2 weeks for about a month,then nothing......then january til now,shed shed shed shed!

its cool though,i got better hairs replacing it all

:hairy:

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what do you classify as a shed ??? Losing more hair than you normally lose or abnormally losing lots of hair everyday.

I have been abnormally losing 30-40 hairs normally since the past 10 years.
But after starting on minoxidil I started shedding like 100 hairs which was very abnormal and higher than the abnormally normal 30-40 hairs.

A normal question that may seem abnormal :lol: But I think I get my question through ?

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
nervx said:
Proscar:

Avodart:

Order folligen and use it every day. You will be happy you did. Get your scalp into good shape and I think your shedding will be significantly reduced! You are not going to regrow/stop your hairloss if you scalp is in bad shape.

so basically folligen doesn't regrow hair but can help out by keeping your scalp healthy correct?

how thick is the lotion version? i have to get through my hair to put this stuff on so im thinking maybe the spray with eye dropper would be better but that might be too runny and messy.....

also it says to leave it on for 8 hours. i can't stand having crap in my hair and the whole staining thing has me worried. If i put this stuff on for an hour before having a shower do you think it will help at all or would i be wasting my time? im just looking for something to get my scalp healthy and then toss it a side until or if needed again.

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to amend my post. I may see an end in sight to the shedding. For the past 3 days I've noticed about a 50% reduction of hair on my hands when shampooing. This seems to be where I lose most of my hair as there's never more than a few on my pillow. There's usually 50-60 in the shower. Now maybe 30. I'm hopin' and prayin'!

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
False alarm. I'm back to shedding (thinning) as much as before. :( Getting close to month 12. I have lost so much density.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Look I have been on finasteride for 14 months. I still shed like mad, but not much has changed. Perhaps I lost a little density up top, but any loss has been slow. If I run a comb through the sides and back I often find clumps of hair. It's kind of long so that's why. Part of the shedding is male pattern baldness and part is just natural I guess. It's hard to tell because I never noticed it before getting thin up there. I seriously see myself shedding 100+ hairs a day so I probably loose around 200+ each and every day.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
So what is a lot of hair to shed? I'm up to over 200 hairs in the shower EOD. Sounds like a lot, no? Does Folligen cause a shed? How long?