What’s the general consensus on beta sisterol?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the thing with it, you need a pretty strong aromatase response in your body for it to work well.

I used it initially because finasteride wasn't even a possibility where I lived back in 2008. One of the gripes I have about beta sitosterol now is that it does actively inhibit estrogen conversion from testosterone. Which it doesn't matter what anyone says, or what anti androgenic medication or supplement you use to actively reverse hairloss, you -need- estrogen.

The reason why I think it worked so well in my late 20s is because I was also using betamethasone valerate scalp lotion alongside it which as I have now come to know increases estrogen receptor sensitivity by more than a hundred fold.

What I can say about it is that I can take WAY more beta sitosterol and it does its job inhibiting DHT and does so with far fewer side effects and a much greater threshold for use without side effects (for me anyhow) than propecia ever did. The downside to it is that it is expensive by comparison to prescription propecia (at least here), but propecia is basically useless to me at present even if it is cheap.

Make no mistake for what I would consider hair loss in the high-moderate range, that is not bald skin but enough hairloss that you can't effectively grow out your hair without it looking like sh*t - it does have the potential to help, but it cannot be a monotherapeutic option, you must use it in conjunction with other things that actively brute force estrogen levels higher to re-grow hair.

I think a great combo would be oral minoxidil 2.5mg to 5mg, along with a beta sitosterol complex, along with betamethasone valerate, if you cannot tolerate finasteride or dutasteride.

It doesn't nuke your androgens as quickly as propecia does, but make no mistake if you take it every day at a certain dose you will absolutely knock your DHT down really far, I've done it, I felt like sh*t because I didn't have enough estrogen to cover the spread.

Any other questions and you can ask me.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm happy to help anyone who is in a position that might benefit from my experience, and even though I've had a sh*t experience with finasteride, I would always encourage people to use what works for them, I'm not some hipster douchebag out here trying to convert people to my way of doing things because it's less mainstream, I literally had no choice as that route only made my hair fall out more and make me feel like death.

So definitely consider all counsel from all other members of this forum before you take the final decision to do anything.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the thing with it, you need a pretty strong aromatase response in your body for it to work well.

I used it initially because finasteride wasn't even a possibility where I lived back in 2008. One of the gripes I have about beta sitosterol now is that it does actively inhibit estrogen conversion from testosterone. Which it doesn't matter what anyone says, or what anti androgenic medication or supplement you use to actively reverse hairloss, you -need- estrogen.

The reason why I think it worked so well in my late 20s is because I was also using betamethasone valerate scalp lotion alongside it which as I have now come to know increases estrogen receptor sensitivity by more than a hundred fold.

What I can say about it is that I can take WAY more beta sitosterol and it does its job inhibiting DHT and does so with far fewer side effects and a much greater threshold for use without side effects (for me anyhow) than propecia ever did. The downside to it is that it is expensive by comparison to prescription propecia (at least here), but propecia is basically useless to me at present even if it is cheap.

Make no mistake for what I would consider hair loss in the high-moderate range, that is not bald skin but enough hairloss that you can't effectively grow out your hair without it looking like sh*t - it does have the potential to help, but it cannot be a monotherapeutic option, you must use it in conjunction with other things that actively brute force estrogen levels higher to re-grow hair.

I think a great combo would be oral minoxidil 2.5mg to 5mg, along with a beta sitosterol complex, along with betamethasone valerate, if you cannot tolerate finasteride or dutasteride.

It doesn't nuke your androgens as quickly as propecia does, but make no mistake if you take it every day at a certain dose you will absolutely knock your DHT down really far, I've done it, I felt like sh*t because I didn't have enough estrogen to cover the spread.

How do you feel about dutasteride combined with Beta-Sitosterols

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you feel about dutasteride combined with Beta-Sitosterols

I think that would be absolutely f*****g insane for somebody like me to do and it would probably cause some serious problems.

I piggyback red reishi on top of beta sitosterol, but that's because reishi inhibits regular testosterone of which mine can get out of control regardless of DHT status.

But no, if you're on duta, you need estrogen, not another DHT inhibitor.

And possibly a growth stimulant like minoxidil, as much as I hate the topical for f*****g up my skin and scalp.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that would be absolutely f*****g insane for somebody like me to do and it would probably cause some serious problems.

I piggyback red reishi on top of beta sitosterol, but that's because reishi inhibits regular testosterone of which mine can get out of control regardless of DHT status.

But no, if you're on duta, you need estrogen, not another DHT inhibitor.

And possibly a growth stimulant like minoxidil, as much as I hate the topical for f*****g up my skin and scalp.
Ok— yeah right now I’m doing dutasteride+beta sisterol and pumpkin seed oil

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is there a study on betamethasone affecting aromatase expression? Does mometasone also have the same effect?

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take red clover extract and flat seed oil. Do you think that's enough?
Phytoestrogens like red clover and flaxseeds are not real estrogens. They are more akin to estrogen "mimickers".
Phytoestrogens will bind to your estrogen receptors but they don't have the potential to grow hair the same way estradiol or estriol can.

Last edited:

thedoubter

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the importance of estrogen whilst on finasteride?

Should I be taking a supplement to promote estrogen if on finasteride?

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why do you think that beta sitosterol suppresses estradiol synthesis if, on the contrary, it has an estrogenic effect?