Whats better Tricomin or Folligen..

misterium

Reaction score
I have both products and alternate them daily and nightly.

I find the PPG in Folligen to be irritating, causes me itching but subsides.

Tricomin, on the other hand, feels fantastic. The cool, soothing sensation that it gives you is just great.

I may be switching exclusively to Tricomin after I finish the Folligen.

Folligen is really good, it's just strong for me, even if I dillute it a little, it's still pretty itch causing for me due to PPG.

Tricomin has no PPG.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've used both and prefer Tricomin for the same reason. Folligen irritated me whereas Tricomin doesn't.

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used Folligen spray for a couple of months and have nothing but good things to say about it. For one, Dr. Pickert's website says Folligen is the superior product to the current form of Tricomin. This may be because Pickert and the company that makes TRicomin had a little of a falling out, but I tend to think this established of a doctor won't be comletely BS-ing us about the difference. Also, my scalp, which I found was sensitive in its reaction to Minoxidil, did not react poorly to Folligen spray, which I use every night now.

misterium

Reaction score
I think I'm going to switch to Tricomin exclusively. The soothing menthol feeling is helpful, and doesn't irritate my scalp and cause itching like Folligen does. (No PPG in Tricomin).

I don't think I will mess with American Crew either because it has Saw Palmetto in it.

misterium

Reaction score
There is too much hype over Saw Palmetto for me to bother with it.

I'd rather just go with the triamino complex found in Tricomin, and keep the formula 'simple', excluding that Saw Palmetto stuff... no need for that.

I don't want to include it in my regimen.. personal decision.