whats better propecia or proscar?

whiteboy

Reaction score
hey im jay and i was wondering if i should switch to propecia from proscar and whats better? and if i should get nizoral 2% instead of 1%? and what minoxidil i should use? cause i am a norwood 2a just loosing it in the front but i already took a pictures so i can hopefully one day tell my story, but i kinda need help on these questions on what to use :? and if many people have had sucess with using these two? thanks

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
proscara is cheaper the propecia, proscara is 5 mg propecia is 1 mg
cut the proscara in 4 or 5 peaces. Rogain foam is 5 % minoxidil and its wonderfull, easy to use and dries in 2 min.
if its 1% or 2% i dont think it has that much a difrence... more about how sensitive youre scalp are. good luck

blandflabbis

Reaction score
Well they're the same thing essentially, they only differ in a practical sense - namely that proscar is a lot cheaper, but it's more hassle because you have to cut the tablets. It's up to you as to whether you'd rather pay a bit more and not have the hassle of cutting tablets (I've never done it myself so I don't know how much hassle it is in reality), but that's really the only substantial difference.

G

blandflabbis said:
Well they're the same thing essentially, they only differ in a practical sense - namely that proscar is a lot cheaper, but it's more hassle because you have to cut the tablets. It's up to you as to whether you'd rather pay a bit more and not have the hassle of cutting tablets (I've never done it myself so I don't know how much hassle it is in reality), but that's really the only substantial difference.

Cutting proscar is not a hassle at all. I've been doing it for about 3 years now.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if u cut it properly in quarters u only really have to cut it every two days. one day u cut the whole pill into a half and then that half into two. the next day u just take the remaining quarter so no cutting is necessary. then the next day u cut the remaining half in two and the day after that u have the remaining quarter.