What's actually in Follica?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've seen the baccy photos, still waiting for his next update.... But thinking about Follica, what actually is it? what makes up its ingredients or is it shrouded in secrecy? All i could find was about wound healing and skin regeneration...

TheOne

Reaction score
We don't know exactly what they will use in the final protocol if it works but we can get a good idea as everything that they will posibly use is listed in their patents.

I don't have their patents to hand atm but here is a list I copied from a post Michael Barry made on hairsite, these are some of the things listed as posibilities in the patents;

1-anti-androgen (finas, dutas, fluridil, spironolactone, ketoconazole, a few others)
2-channel opener (phenytoin, mionox, somthing else starting with "d"
3-EGF-antagonist (getfitnib, erlonitib, and a bunch of others)
4-antiinflammatory (COX inhibitors of various kinds)
5-retinoid (trenitoin, retinoic acid, some others)
6-anti-histamine
7-anti-bacterial
8-anti-microbial
9-fiberblast growth factor
10-ectodyslplasin, called EDAR
11-beta catenin
12-wnt protiens (older patent)
13-lithium compounds

It is also safe to assume that what ever combination of the above they will use in the final product (if it works) will be formulated into a topical.

Also from a post Michael Barry made regarding the process;

If you followed the patent, here is what you would do:

You would depilate, and wait three days.

On the fourth days, you'd wound. I'd also suggest getting on finas at this
time.

About day 3 or 4 or 5 thereafter (depending on whether keratinocytes are covering the wounded area as described in the patent), you'd start taking getfitinib or whatever egf-antagonist you can get your hands on. You'd also start taking an antihistamine, an anti-inflammatory. Clariton and Aleve would be two right off the top of my head. Parabens in shampoo could act as antibacterials for you if you use shampoo in this time. I think washing with nizoral and leaving it in for a few minutes before you wound would take care of any microbials during the experimental period because keto stays in the dermis for about seven days. Applying minoxidil to the wound around day 4 or 5 might be a good idea also. Its mentioned in the patent.

Keep using the stuff for a good six or seven days thereafter for certain. 10 is the longest they mention in the patent.

Thats about it. If you get hair, you'd probably be seeing it after about one month's time.

michael barry

Reaction score
Michael barry would like to add that he has since found out that ketoconazole and getfitnib interefere with each other via. I would't use nizoral within a week of woudning and for at least seven or eight days afterwards..........other than that, it looks about right.

anyone wanting to know about follica needs to read the patent, especially the experimental section (15 or so experiments described therein).

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, looks like it's a hotch potch of different things all rolled in one. Looking forward to more info coming in the future. :)