What would you do, FUE, or or strip?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I know that there are pros and cons to both methods, but I'm just curious what your opinions are. I'm not at the point (yet) where I need a transplant, but I'm considering getting some hairline work at some point in the future. I've been on finasteride for 3 years, and my crown has maintained and regrown, but my hairline is slowly losing the battle.

The thing that scares the absolute crap out of me when it comes to strip...is the strip. A permanent large scar.

nw_2

Reaction score
You better be scared. ;)

Its 2011 now, no need for a FUT when FUE is available.

Only advantage from my point of view is that FUT seems to have a bit better growth % but I believe there are no numbers to back that up. Still, a scar of 0,5cm-1cm from ear to ear is not necassary. You say you only need some repairs, dont go for a FUT.

FUE is a great solution in your situation. You can shave your head without any visible scars. You never know what the future brings.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
The big detractor that I've heard people relate to FUE is that the punch will sometimes just salvage 1 of the follicles, whereas there could be up to 4 in there. The strip surgery will grab them all. That means more potential for further hair transplant's with strip.

But, you're right. I don't know that I'd be alright with a giant scrip scar.