What treatments to start with?

Bradford

Reaction score
I am in the early stages of hair loss and I am not sure exactly what treatments to start with. I visited a "Hair Club for Men" facility and I was not impressed. The lady could not answer some of my questions and she wanted $1,500 for a six month program with no guarantee. From what I have been reading, it appears that I should start out with Propecia and Rogaine or a form of them and use Nizoral shampoo?

G

Start with Propecia, split into 4 or 5, also Nizoral. Wait a year. Add rogaine or generic if you need to boost.

Monitor any side affects....

Oh, consult your Dr first....

G

take monthly progress photos if you can be fucked.

Try not to look at your hair too much. Difficult, I know.

reyn

Reaction score
I think Traxdata meant to say 'Start with PROSCAR, split into 4 or 5 ...'

reyn

Reaction score
Bradford, most places that sell Propecia without a prescription also sell Proscar. Being cheap, I buy Fincar (generic Proscar) from http://www.inhousepharmacy.com

Bradford

Reaction score
Thanks, I will use them. Also, regarding minoxidil I am using the Walgreen brand for Rogaine. I assume that they are all the same?

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, generic minoxidil is pretty trust worthy.. minoxidil is minoxidil.. i doubt that walgreen's is trying to rip you off.

paton

Reaction score
Propecia to be on the safe side

Propecia is FDA approved. Do not try magic treatments. Start with propecia and you can see result within 2 months