what to expect

johnnie69

Reaction score
I am 5 weeks post-op...could someone post a chronological progression of what to expect in the weeks and months to come....I know that i have a long wait ahead of me, but am interested to know what to expect.

My hair was cut SHORT for the procedure, that sucks....looking foreword to summer....my procedure was mid Jan 05.....

Any insight/timeline appreciated....

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Take 3,000 mg of MSM daily to help speed growth. Applying minoxidil to the recipient area also helps.

You should see minor growth < 3 months, but if you don't don't worry. It's nothing to get excited about anyway.

Months 4 - 5 are when the fun begins.

At month 6 you're about 60% mature.

Month 7 around 70% and so on.

At 12 months or slightly after it should be fully mature. Everyone is different. The waiting for the initial growth is definitely the hardest part.

NICKOS

Reaction score
I had a 2200 grafts done just a little over four months ago and I am starting to get a little worried I am hoping that there is alot more hair to come I paid alot of money and am thinking that so far it has not been worth it. The one thing that I am definately pleased with is that the new growth that I have had in the frontal area looks completely natural. Since the transplant I have been on a very aggresive regrowth regimen that includes: the Hair Max Laser Comb, Propecia. Avodart, 5% Minoxidol. Tricomin and Nioxin and Nizoral. Prior to my surgery I had a very bad receding hairline and my crown was starting to thin out badly. Although my hair definately looks alot better I am pretty sure that very little of the regrowith is due to the surgery based on the density of the work that was done in the frontal. What worries me is that I see very little new growth in the hairline area. The one thing that I am sure of is that I will need a second surgery to give me a lower and more dense hairline.