What to do? help & advice needed!

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
If you haven't read my story it's essentially that first 3 months on 1/4 proscar were grand and then an almighty shed hit which decimated my hair for 2 months and is still going.

Entire top thinnned right out and temples and hairline went back about an inch. Front thinned out til I could no longer spike it and I can literally pull hairs out without doing anything.

The difference between now and a month or two ago is shockingly bad.

So I decided to quit taking the tablets and after ony two days my hair already feels stronger and there's nothing coming out when I run my hand through my hairline.

Should I therefore quit or is this goign to lead to even bigger problems down the line....

basically guys,

HELP!!!

G

Damn, this sounds strange. I can not give a good advice, but did you see a dermatologist and told him about your hair? I don´t think anyone here is able to give you the help you need.

P.S. Do you have pics of your hair?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to respond.

I don't but my bro has just bought a new digital camera so I'll see what I can do.

After 5 months on proscar Think Jack Nicholson's hairline from the shining!

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
You're in a difficult situation but I reckon you'd benefit from sticking with finasteride. Have faith in the science...there's no way finasteride can induce further, permanent hair loss. One thing you know for sure is your hair won't improve beyond your baseline without meds.

EDIT: Also, I see you mentioned that you haven't taken any pics. I'd be willing to bet your hair hasn't deteriorated half as much as you think it has. The mind has a tendency to play evil tricks on you. Maybe your hair is a different length, a different style? I'm not saying your hair hasn't got worse, just probably not as bad as you think.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Skaff said:
You're in a difficult situation but I reckon you'd benefit from sticking with finasteride. Have faith in the science...there's no way finasteride can induce further, permanent hair loss. One thing you know for sure is your hair won't improve beyond your baseline without meds.

EDIT: Also, I see you mentioned that you haven't taken any pics. I'd be willing to bet your hair hasn't deteriorated half as much as you think it has. The mind has a tendency to play evil tricks on you. Maybe your hair is a different length, a different style? I'm not saying your hair hasn't got worse, just probably not as bad as you think.

I understand what you're saying about the mind man but my family can't believe the difference and I'm looking at a passport photo from two months ago and the difference is keraaazy!

The thing is that it HAS really increased loss and by looking at the various polls on here and posts I have just seen countless people who have just continued to get worse and worse and worse.

If ony I had a crystal ball and could see where the various routes will lead me in a years time

:roll:

blandflabbis

Reaction score
Your situation seems strange, it is possible that you can take a bad reaction to virtually any medication and it can cause Telogen Effluvium, however it takes several months before you see the effects of it so you certainly wouldn't see any improvement from stopping taking the tablets in two days, that would mean that whatever was causing it stopped about three months ago. From everything I've read there's very little evidence that Finasteride accelerates hairloss unless you take an adverse reaction to it.