what to add?

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
hello
i am 26 now. i stared to loose hair at age 20.there is almost no noticable hair on the top of my head. having money for it now i have decided to do something to stop it and to regrow.i have been using 5%minoxidil 2x/day 1ml and nizoral every third day for a month, next week the doctor will prescribe me propecia. What vitamins and minerals (daily doses?) or other things should i add to my mix to increase the effect of minoxidil+propecia?

does anybody here have the same experince as me (quite huge area of skin without hair on the top of head) and good results with "big 3"?
agains the light i can still see quite huge amount of thin, blond (normaly i have brown hair) and very short hair. is there any chance to regrow?

thanks in advance

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
What are you on the Norwood scale? General rule is: if the follicles have been squuezed to the point of death, they will not regrow. But if there is any life, there is a chance they will come back to some degree. At the very least, you should see improvement and that will make the effort worth it.

jerry grant

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rough, bro. Its hard to get it back when its gone so far,. that combined with such a strong genetic disposition means you may not have much luck with current treatments. Some people have had some luck with extreme approaches,. ie Oz's brew which is minoxidil + DMSO (scary stuff) + other stuff,. or check out Seattle Rock who did the kitchen sink approach and got some good regrowth. But even Seattle Rock had hair on his head, however thin it was.

The best think you can use to beef up your regimen I believe is spironolactone. Some people really get good results with it. But like everything else, it doesnt work for everyone.

And keep your ears open for future treatments. There are some rather promising topicals that may just give you some hair back. Or save up enough $ and you can get a follicle cloning implants 5-10 years down the line.

maddoc23

Established Member
Reaction score
Led,

The best thing you can do is use propecia, minoxidil, and nizoral. Things will get better. After one year time you can reevaluate and chose to add something else.

D

Axon

Reaction score
SeattleRock also seemed to have suffered from unnatural, chemical induced loss.

G

sorry but once your a norwood 5 theres very little you can do beyond a hair transplant. even if you do regrow some hair youll still be unhappy. i suggest you spend the money on a bowflex, shave your head, and get a tan. trust me itll look better then having half a head of hair any day.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
option 1) Ded Prez's approach, which for all intents and purposes makes sense

or

option 2) spend your money on treatments that may or may not be effective. However if you are set on regrowth deffinately add spironolactone, in fact go for the kitchen sink approach man, you gotta go Balls to the wall in order to turn the vellous into terminal hairs.

use:

Propecia
Minoxidil
folligen
spironolactone
Nizoral
revivogen??

good luck

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanx to all for answers and advices

It seems I have almost no chance to regrow, however I will try to use minoxidil/propecia/nizoral for a year and then I will see. You know although I am almost 5 in norwood scare, the amount of short, blond, thin hair on my head keeps me in hope to see some improvement in future. I am the 5th week on minoxidil+nizoral and I think I can see improovement on my existing hair and also the thin hair seems to grow faster and longer that before starting the treatment. But maybe it is just illusion. Has anybody who is on minoxidil seen this kind of improovement in such short time?

thank you
ledvoush

Bono

Reaction score
msm helps the hair get stronger and grow longer faster, thus recovering from sheds much quicker.... right flux?

i'm also using hair vitamins.... biotin shampooo.... flax seed oil to nourish my hair and keep my scalp healthy. florasil, spring horsetail is great for thickening and nourishing hair as well.

maddoc23

Established Member
Reaction score
Led,

It isn't so much that you are a Norwood V. It has to do more with how long you have been a V. It is possible to regrow, but be patient. Try not to get caught up in vitamins and excessive products. Stick with propecia, minoxidil, and nizoral for one year before changing anything.

D

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
thanx guys,

i would like to ask 1)how the MSM works and in which form is it aplied?

2)I am thinking about to get some spironolactone from Dr.Lee´s site,is there anybody here who has experience in shipping these products from U.S. to Europe (Czech Republic), in which form do you pay for it, in advance or when the goods arrive?how long does it take, do you know better(cheaper) source for hairloss products?

thank you

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MSM is generally taken internally, though it can be used in topicals. But taken internally it really wont do much to strengthen hair. Consider it follicle fuel,. it will give the follicle a lot of material to build hair with.. but the quality of the hair is just a matter of the health of the follicle.

If you want something to beef up your regimen, get spironolactone. I would actually highly reccomend this, as it takes months for Finasteride to do its thing, meanwhile DHT is still damaging your follicles. So I think its a good idea at least for the first few months.