what the *$#% is going on?

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, this is scaring me.

since i started taking finasteride, whenever i take a sh1t, i see blood there. i'm not sure if this is because of something bad i ate recently, or whether it's the work of finasteride, but i'm scared because of it.

it's been happening (i've noticed it) for 3 days now. it's not a "lot" of blood. (not enough to turn all the water red). but it's definately there (on the tissues, and in the bowl).

is this a side effect of finasteride? has anybody ever heard of this side? or is it just something else? something i ate?

seriously though, what the f***?

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt this is because of propecia. You should go to the doctor ASAP.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
well, it's not causing any pain...

i'm hoping it's just something that i ate... and that it will leave my system soon.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Well internal bleeding doesn't necesarily cause pain. But anytime you see blood you should not pretend like nothing is going on. Especialy if it is internal. So unless you were taking some serious dosages of aspirin or some other form of blood dilutant you can't be sure what caused this. Go see a doctor.

Trebor

Reaction score
It could just be an a*** fissure.

If you do not take a crap correctly, this could happen. When people try to force and hurry the process up they can cause a small tear in the a*** wall.

Internal bleeding would not be in the intestine I wouldn't think, unless your stomach is bleeding or something crazy.

REGARDLESS GO SEE A DOCTOR ASAP.

Make sure they use lots of lube too. :lol:

beaner

Reaction score
I agree, you need to see a doctor asap. This happened to me when I was younger and it turned out to be a benign polyp, but this may also mean something far more serious. I'm not trying to scare you, but seeking advice from a hairloss board about blood in your stool is not the wisest idea.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
never heard of this being a side from finasteride either. go see a doctor.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
well, it's happened before as well, and in the past, it's due to scratches on my *** (due to some rough toilet paper, and some serious pent up explosive sh*t)

this morning, i took a dump and there was (tiny) amounts of blood, so i'm assuming it's just a scratch somewhere.

if it doesn't stop soon, i'll go see a Doctor, just dont like the idea of going to a doctor and getting him/her to inspect my ***.

i thought it was a finasteride side effect, but good thing it's not hey?

right now, i'm going with "scratch". hope i'm right.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
because in the past it wasn't bleeding as much, and also i felt pain so i "knew" it was a scratch, this time was different, so i wasn't so sure. now it's stopped though, so everything is ok. thanks for your help everybody.

Trebor

Reaction score
Its a fissure, I bet. Just go to a docotor you dont normally use on the other side of town if your worried. It's not really that bad. It happened to me once.

Just go!

I mean dude... your bleeding out your ***. What needs to happen before you go... does your heart need to plop in the toilet water?

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
well, i think it's stopped now, which is why i didn't want to go to the doctors. because it wasn't anything serious i think. no point.