What the hell is happening to me?... Oof I can't

Rihan

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm(22M) on treatment for over a year for male pattern baldness but noticed that as I started growing out my hair, they were at random length at nape of my neck so decided to take the pic and realised that I have this area fucked up more than any part of my scalp. Not a single person associated to me has such hair loss at nape area.Why the hell is it happening to me?

Attachments

• IMG_20210903_164413.jpg
    IMG_20210903_164413.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20210903_164647.jpg
    IMG_20210903_164647.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20210903_164748.jpg
    IMG_20210903_164748.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 191

jazz1

Reaction score
You still have great hair judging by your pictures, also post better overall pictures….?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have great hair judging by your pictures, also post better overall pictures….?
Jazz moves around in a Janey-esque cycle, hoovering up the best questions and perhaps the worst but that is subjective often but the "Woe is me, nobody told me about baldness in health class so now I am a cutter and snort Lysol because I am invisible to women and even all of the geeks I used to pants in high school now openly point and laugh at me and that used to only happen to me when I took ahem, showers with the rest of the boys, so finasteride/duta are both out, just saying... Please helppppp!"

Rihan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like retrograde alopecia.
I knew some idiot like you would come and instead of helping would throw any of popular technical terms on these forums onto me without trying to understand crux of my situation. But your unlucky a** I have long thick hair at sides and near my ears. So try harder to demotivate me

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew some idiot like you would come and instead of helping would throw any of popular technical terms on these forums onto me without trying to understand crux of my situation. But your unlucky a** I have long thick hair at sides and near my ears. So try harder to demotivate me
I mean you present this question

What the hell is happening to me?​

And then proceed to sulk when someone at least tries to help you.

Last edited:

Rihan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean you present this question

What the hell is happening to me?​

And then proceed to sulk when someone at least tries to help you with what I would say is fairly accurate guess.

You have demotivated yourself good luck finding help.
Are u a doctor, expert or what to tell me what's accurate name for my condition? You must be on the same boat as many others on here who would limit the condition of sufferers to a small set of possibilities, and would never care to offer actual help. Just name it retrograde alopecia and person already on finasteride is not supposed to ask why it's still destroying his hair at nape then despite blockage of dht harming it. And also why hair near ears are long and thick if it's retrograde alopecia?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are u a doctor, expert or what to tell me what's accurate name for my condition? You must be on the same boat as many others on here who would limit the condition of sufferers to a small set of possibilities, and would never care to offer actual help. Just name it retrograde alopecia and person already on finasteride is not supposed to ask why it's still destroying his hair at nape then despite blockage of dht harming it. And also why hair near ears are long and thick if it's retrograde alopecia?
then why you ask here then?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If we are not doctors, what help are you expecting? you are full of contradictions, No one told you what it is as no one knows you have merely got an observational comment like you requested.

If that's not satisfactory go to a doctor and quit wasting time being angry.

Last edited:

Rihan

My Regimen
Reaction score
If we are not doctors, what help are you expecting? you are full of contradictions, No one told you what it is as no one knows you have merely got an observational comment like you requested.

If that's not satisfactory go to a doctor and quit wasting time being angry and childish.
Explain your observation then how hair near my ears have not thinned if it's retrograde alopecia and why neither minoxidil or finasteride is helping me these hair. When dht blocker and stimulation is supposed to help with all dht problems, why not on nape hair if it's Dht related

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Explain your observation then how hair near my ears have not thinned if it's retrograde alopecia and why neither minoxidil or finasteride is helping me these hair. When dht blocker and stimulation is supposed to help with all dht problems, why not on nape hair if it's Dht related
Its not as well understood studied or observed when compared to pattern hair loss unfortunately. Could be thyroid related, fungus or a deficiency as well as androgenic if it was retrograde. do you tie your hair back tight at all? traction alopecia could also be a possibility.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Either way your hair is good quality do not stress, get a derm to identify the problem it could be nothing.

Rihan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Either way your hair is good quality do not stress, get a derm to identify the problem it could be nothing.
Yea sorry I didn't mean to be rude at all. My frustation was against that other newly joined member who doesn't have any experience and called out my condition to something which I don't exactly have symptoms of.
And no part of my scalp has ever itched, I only start noticing this part of nape when I am taking finasteride for over a year and recently started applying minoxidil at this area as well but no improvements. I started growing my hair recently and this area was thing with diffuse spikes at behind so I got confused to see what kind of hair loss this is

BS7671

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea sorry I didn't mean to be rude at all. My frustation was against that other newly joined member who doesn't have any experience and called out my condition to something which I don't exactly have symptoms of.
And no part of my scalp has ever itched, I only start noticing this part of nape when I am taking finasteride for over a year and recently started applying minoxidil at this area as well but no improvements. I started growing my hair recently and this area was thing with diffuse spikes at behind so I got confused to see what kind of hair loss this is
Are you blind as well as balding, my accounts older than yours so what if I don't post, FACTS.
I was just giving an opinion no need to spread your 'gyno' over my post.
Lastly it's not proven 100℅ that either finasteride/min can cure RA. DoingitRight has given you a good enough answer.