WHAT THE FUUUUUUU*******! Dead Island 2 video game

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am a dead island fan (riptide was sub par but fun.
I was watching this trailer for part 2 and was dumbfounded at the end when the trailer character goes full zombie.

Someone tell me what Im mad about!!!!!!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/10/dead-island-2-official-e3-announce-trailer

[video=youtube;ST262ZbNcos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST262ZbNcos[/video]

lets be complete DICKS about this.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/10/dead-island-2-official-e3-announce-trailer#comment-1428311289

Here is my post on IGN, feel free to make an account if you dont have one and start raging like any other group would for a change lol!

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well at least I won't be eaten when a zombie apocalypse arises, because apparently they will think I am one of them o_O

Denmark

Reaction score
This is messed up. There was no sign of a wig falling off, or any other reason that would explain the man's transformation to having what is clearly male pattern baldness. None of the other characters lost their hair in that fashion. None of the girls lost any hair. No, they just made that character bald to make him look more terrifying and sickly. What a bunch of crap. I don't think it is that turning into a zombie accelerates male pattern baldness. We didn't even see hair fall off the man's head!! They just wanted the shock value. The same shock value you get seeing an old friend 10 years later with a bald head.

Or was that a wig falling off?

See watch this video. Looks like a hair system or something becoming unglued

https://screen.yahoo.com/gaming/dead-island-2-debut-trailer-025800382.html

1:55

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
SHOCK VALUE is the proper translation of the intent of the video. Not only is it more of the same subculturally stigmatic abuse toward hair loss, it's blatant stereo-type brain washing of the most sociopathic and superficial order. It further reiterates how **** scared non M.P.B. sufferers may really be.
This is messed up. There was no sign of a wig falling off, or any other reason that would explain the man's transformation to having what is clearly male pattern baldness. None of the other characters lost their hair in that fashion. None of the girls lost any hair. No, they just made that character bald to make him look more terrifying and sickly. What a bunch of crap. I don't think it is that turning into a zombie accelerates male pattern baldness. We didn't even see hair fall off the man's head!! They just wanted the shock value. The same shock value you get seeing an old friend 10 years later with a bald head.

Or was that a wig falling off?

See watch this video. Looks like a hair system or something becoming unglued

https://screen.yahoo.com/gaming/dead-island-2-debut-trailer-025800382.html

1:55

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
okay in that song at 1:20 the line goes "white folks do in time if you can"

Not racist?

I watched it again an saw teh wig peel off. Either way hes a disgusting zombie now so he has to be a norwood 7

Denmark

Reaction score
okay in that song at 1:20 the line goes "white folks do in time if you can"

Not racist?

I watched it again an saw teh wig peel off. Either way hes a disgusting zombie now so he has to be a norwood 7

In the original video you posted they deleted the wig scene out. It's all about the shock value. When you become bald your looks change so drastically you don't even look like the same person anymore. However I will say given that zombies are agressive and crazy by nature they probably do have extremely high DHT levels and would develop male pattern baldness haha. But that wasn't the point the trailer and game developers were trying to convey across to us. They wanted us to perceive the zombie as a horrible, disgusting, terrifying creature and what better way to do that then to make him a Norwood 7. They couldn't have just made him completely bald, no, they had to make him an male pattern baldness victim.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Society does not respect baldness.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you sure??

I think you are right because IGN now has the white folk line edited out of the song where its still in the yahoo link.

I think this stuff is being edited as we speak!

HOLY CRAP (when did this site start editing swear words?)

The IGN one edited out the wig, the YAHOO has it but IGN edited it out!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sony removed my comment about them perpetuating the hatred towards baldness as well. LOL, clearly damage control. Assholes.

No respect for baldness AT ALL.

Reaction score
oh that's brilliant , after the nazis , the talibans and the communists as main video games' villains ..... here come the baldies.

too many stereotypes.

I wonder what comes next.

at least , trevor of GTA V is a balding protagonist. would it make rockstar games guys cool dudes ? or fooling douches ?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
oh that's brilliant , after the nazis , the talibans and the communists as video games' villains ..... here come the baldies.

too many stereotypes.

I wonder what comes next.

at least , trevor of GTA V is a balding protagonist. would it make rockstar games guys cool dudes ? or fooling douches ?

Yeah but he's an NW3. You will NEVER see a horseshoe pattern protagonist. That bald pattern is reserved for society to brand us as disgusting and intolerable pedophiles.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Dead Island was a crap game anyway. Zombies spawning in the same place every time, no randomization... every instance played out the same. Horrible online net code. Funny cuz the devs are called techland. There was a scene where one of the side characters dad turns into a zombie and it was supposed to be emotional but the graphics were so bad it was comical. But yeah, keeping the stigma against bald guys alive and well.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe bald guys need to hire a PR agent to make a series of ads in a campaign to end bald hate. If at least to make society self aware of their hatred for the bald. It needs to be seen as a prejudice, because it is.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dead Island was a crap game anyway. Zombies spawning in the same place every time, no randomization... every instance played out the same. Horrible online net code. Funny cuz the devs are called techland. There was a scene where one of the side characters dad turns into a zombie and it was supposed to be emotional but the graphics were so bad it was comical. But yeah, keeping the stigma against bald guys alive and well.

Dead Island 1 was loads of nonsense fun. Coop was great. Like Borderlands.
Riptide was another story. Was fun but should have NEVER been a full priced game.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Well at least I won't be eaten when a zombie apocalypse arises, because apparently they will think I am one of them o_O

LOL.

ffg_zps25d1f830.gif

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The first one was a lot of fun. Never played Riptide.

Hard to tell but are all the male zeds in the trailer bald?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Lol..,Is anyone else here receiving neg. ratings as well. I wouldn't mind ,but it might be helpful if they would kindly try to muster the courage and/or courtesy to explain their objections. Lol.
Sony removed my comment about them perpetuating the hatred towards baldness as well. LOL, clearly damage control. Assholes.

No respect for baldness AT ALL.