What Should I Expect From Finasteride?

Maestro

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I'm relatively new to hair loss treatment, and for the past week I have been applying Minoxidil 5% liquid twice a day, Taking 1mg of Propecia daily, and washing my hair and scalp once every three days with Nizoral 1% Shampoo.

I have a few basic questions about Finasteride.

I was under the impression that Finasteride stopped DHT from attacking your hair follicles but Minoxidil was the component that caused it to re-grow (don't laugh at me, I'm new :unsure:) from what I've seen on the forums Finasteride will also promote hair re-growth, is this true?

Also, I've read a lot about Finasteride shedding, I was aware that Minoxidil caused your hair to shed in order to re-grow new, healthier hair, but I didn't know that Finasteride did it too, is this also true?
And if so, how long will it take to see a Finasteride shed? Regain said its about 3 weeks to see a Minoxidil shed, will a Finasteride shed be about the same?

Also I've read a few things concerning re-shedding on Finasteride (this seems to be when your hair sheds, re-grows better hair, then re-sheds and re-re-grows even better hair) will Finasteride cause this?

I apologies if these questions are elementary, but I'm new, and if you don't ask you wont know.

Thanks a lot guys!

Dean.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride will cause regrowth if you respond well and adding minoxidil will cause even more regrowth than finasteride alone. Yes finasteride will cause an initial shed that can last months. I have seen people with very good regrowth in the end say their hair was worse than ever at 5 or 6 months. I would not expect to see any results any earlier than 2 months.