What Should I Do? Twenty Thousand Vs 10 Thousand...

JimmyDaMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a quote for 6 thousand transplants in Florida for 10k with 2k travel reimbursement.
I have seen only 5 star reviews of this place and the pics are amazing. I also called a well
known doctor in Canada...wink, wink and they quoted 20k for the same amount with only
1k travel reimbursement. They told me I should be careful when deciding to get a transplant
for this low of a quote? Really? I have done my share of research on doctors and clinics and
can't find much of a reason to spend 10k more than I should have to. My main concern is the
scaring in the donor area and I have plenty of good donor area. I know the place in Canada
does an outstanding job of showing the back of the head after the procedure and you CANNOT
see a scar line. That is something this camp in Florida does not seem to do. The pics of the frontal
restoration look great however they just don't seem to bother showing the back of donor area and
brushing a comb upward to show almost no scar. Should I be worried about this? Would love to save
10k for sure! Looking to do this late December...feedback! feedback! feedback! Thanks!

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a consultation tonight and tomorrow for my transplant. With the two best in Canada.

Money isn't going to be a factor whatsoever in my decision on what to do.

Going to go with my instincts and who seems to care more for my wellbeing.

I want it done properly the first time. This is not something to try to save money on.

JimmyDaMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a consultation tonight and tomorrow for my transplant. With the two best in Canada.

Money isn't going to be a factor whatsoever in my decision on what to do.

Going to go with my instincts and who seems to care more for my wellbeing.

I want it done properly the first time. This is not something to try to save money on.

Got it! Thanks for the reply

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a quote for 6 thousand transplants in Florida for 10k with 2k travel reimbursement.
I have seen only 5 star reviews of this place and the pics are amazing. I also called a well
known doctor in Canada...wink, wink and they quoted 20k for the same amount with only
1k travel reimbursement. They told me I should be careful when deciding to get a transplant
for this low of a quote? Really? I have done my share of research on doctors and clinics and
can't find much of a reason to spend 10k more than I should have to. My main concern is the
scaring in the donor area and I have plenty of good donor area. I know the place in Canada
does an outstanding job of showing the back of the head after the procedure and you CANNOT
see a scar line. That is something this camp in Florida does not seem to do. The pics of the frontal
restoration look great however they just don't seem to bother showing the back of donor area and
brushing a comb upward to show almost no scar. Should I be worried about this? Would love to save
10k for sure! Looking to do this late December...feedback! feedback! feedback! Thanks!
Cost when getting a hair transplant should be a secondary concern, especially if you're getting 6000 grafts. Your donor hair is priceless. You wont get it back for all the money in the world if the clinic screws up, don't forget that. IMO, if I was going to get a FUT megasession it would be with H&W without question.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a quote for 6 thousand transplants in Florida for 10k

SIX THOUSAND TRANSPLANTS for 10k? Come on man, do you really think this is legit considering ONE transplant can cost up to 30k?

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
You can spend thousands trying to fix a bad hair transplant, and it still can look odd. Better to spend more money upfront and get it right with a skilled doctor.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please don't do it man, I just got a transplant for the same exact price and in Florida too! 10k for 10,000 hairs is what they told me but I had to book that day or I wouldn't get the deal. As soon as I did the transplant I regretted it because I know that even though the size of the scar is going to be pencil thin, it can stretch over time and I can't cut my hair even below a 3 guard ever. You may be fine with that but I saw videos of this doctor where he looked to have a full head of hair and when I saw him in person I could see almost his entire scalp was visible on the top. He had several surgeries he said too and when I saw his hair I was terrified if this is what I'd end up like. Now I don't even care if I get excellent results.. I am just praying I can find a way to get rid of the scar that is running from ear to ear. Please don't fall for it man do more research on scars, transplants, fake promises and all that because I researched for a year and then found out I was still missing out on details. If I can just get my scar removed or made nearly invisible now then I can shave my head and I'll be happy