What Norwood am I? Any suggestions to start with? I'm 21

Donkys56781

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 21. I notice giant hair loss in last months. I'm using minoxidil only.

Attachments

• 1BC5DDCB-D7AE-4CDF-892A-DF160CB5D6BE.jpeg
    1BC5DDCB-D7AE-4CDF-892A-DF160CB5D6BE.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 163
  • 6251BB86-CB60-4832-9128-A205A655A609.jpeg
    6251BB86-CB60-4832-9128-A205A655A609.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 738AEB01-6A6E-4A6D-9B6F-5CEC7AB2D91C.jpeg
    738AEB01-6A6E-4A6D-9B6F-5CEC7AB2D91C.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 176

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a Norwood 3 or 3A thinning towards a Norwood 4 or 4A to me. It's aggressive hair loss for your age. Minoxidil won't be enough to stop it since it doesn't adress the root cause of the hair loss, which is the DHT that's destroying your hair follicles. So start taking Finasteride at least. But it seems aggressive, so it may be necessary to add something else, such as Azelaic Acid/Tretinoin and Microneedling to boost the effects of Minoxidil, or even experimentals such as RU if you're willing to test those and know the risks.

Donkys56781

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a Norwood 3 or 3A thinning towards a Norwood 4 or 4A to me. It's aggressive hair loss for your age. Minoxidil won't be enough to stop it since it doesn't adress the root cause of the hair loss, which is the DHT that's destroying your hair follicles. So start taking Finasteride at least. But it seems aggressive, so it may be necessary to add something else, such as Azelaic Acid/Tretinoin and Microneedling to boost the effects of Minoxidil, or even experimentals such as RU if you're willing to test those and know the risks.
I think about finasterid+ru+minoxidil+microneedling

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a good regimen, consider getting blood work done before starting finasteride to know your base hormonal profile if you can. You can find more info here: https://moreplatesmoredates.com/pos...ests_you_should_get_before_taking_finasteride

Some people may suggest dutasteride but I'm not sure if that'd be a good idea, since there are some reports of people shedding or losing hair at the front a while after starting to take it, and your frontal area seems pretty affected by hair loss already. If you can stabilize and maintain you may be a good candidate for a hair transplant if you ever end up needing one.

Donkys56781

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a good regimen, consider getting blood work done before starting finasteride to know your base hormonal profile if you can. You can find more info here: https://moreplatesmoredates.com/pos...ests_you_should_get_before_taking_finasteride

Some people may suggest dutasteride but I'm not sure if that'd be a good idea, since there are some reports of people shedding or losing hair at the front a while after starting to take it, and your frontal area seems pretty affected by hair loss already. If you can stabilize and maintain you may be a good candidate for a hair transplant if you ever end up needing one.
I think dutasteride is not possible to get in my Country for hairloss. I'll start with ru+finasterid to block my dht. How often would you suggest microneedling?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once or twice a week. Most people don't apply Minoxidil the day they've microneedled. I've been recommended the Dr Pen Ultima A6, since it's reliable, wireless and cartridges are relatively cheap for that model. Most users I've read use 12 pin cartridges for microneedling, and change them every three or four uses. You have to disinfect the pins after each use carefully using alcohol too. Dermarollers are cheaper but probably less effective. Some people recommend the Derminator (A dermaroller that kind of works like a dermapen) but I cannot get one of those in my country.

Donkys56781

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once or twice a week. Most people don't apply Minoxidil the day they've microneedled. I've been recommended the Dr Pen Ultima A6, since it's reliable, wireless and cartridges are relatively cheap for that model. Most users I've read use 12 pin cartridges for microneedling, and change them every three or four uses. You have to disinfect the pins after each use carefully using alcohol too. Dermarollers are cheaper but probably less effective. Some people recommend the Derminator (A dermaroller that kind of works like a dermapen) but I cannot get one of those in my country.
okay thank you