What Next??

thinlid

Reaction score
My Story...
I started thinning at the age of 20.
A co-worker noticed my thinning hair and recommend I talk to another employee who grew his hair back.
So, embarassed and nervous as we all would be, I went over and asked what his secret was. And he told me about propecia.....

I quickly ran to my dermatologist who gave me a subscription, and also told me to use rogaine. I used the target brand(in the US) at the time.
Yes I went through a crazy shed. But eventually grew all my hair back by the age 26. It took 6 years to get my hair back to 100%.
At my worst I had approx 30% left on my crown.

Now to the next stage....
I got married when I was 26, perfect timing for all my wedding pictures as i had a full head of hair.
At 27 my wife and I tried to have child and we were having problems, nothing major. Just wasnt happening for us. So I thought about it without doing research and decided to go off finasteride and minoxidil to see if it had any affect.
After almost a year my wife becomes pregnant. Great news!! I am a daddy....
Bad news is I begin to shed everything I grew back....
I jumped back on finasteride and minoxidil. rode the wave for a bit with no results.
Tried 15% minoxidil and finasteride for about 6 mths. Couldnt stand the itchiness so back to 5% minoxidil. Still no change at this time.

I also tried Natural Well Being Vitamins with minoxidil and finasteride for about a year <--Did nothing

I am currently 32 now back on proscar and 5% foam, washing hair with nizoral, 3 times a week.
Been on this for regimen religiously for 14 months.
I can say I have been able to maintain what I have left on my crown. Approx 45%. Very little shedding. I notice maybe 2-3 hairs a day. nothing major at all.
I do always have miniature hairs in my very thin places but cant seem to thicken them up....

Had anyone had great regrowth results like myself and went back to square one?
Any recommendations on what to try next?

I am able to style my hair now using little concealer to make it manageable.

Is there anything anyone can recommend that can make this small hairs grow......

thanks for reading, sorry if I am all over the place.

thinlid

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention I am on 2.5mg of finasteride a day.(half of a 5mg pill every morning)

Could that be too much? I do not have any sides at all,and never have.