What is the pattern of regrowth?

Neuro

Reaction score
I am experiencing massive shedding on my scalp, and I think it is due to Propecia. I see some regrowth along my hairline, but largely my scalp is showing no regrowth. So my question is, Do hairs start to grow back simultaneously when shedding is done, or is it slow but continuous regrowth during shedding? In other words, is it 'replacement after shedding' or 'replacement while shedding'?

harry06

Reaction score
In the same boat myself. Starting to notice regrowth all around my hairline after my shed. A mix of light and vellus hair with bit of pigment. Scalp of my head definitely feels and looks thicker. could have just thicken the hair i had there, but cant be too sure on regrowth. Too difficult to tell yet from looking in the mirror.

But the hair seems to be growing back quicker, were i last lost it. originally lost hair sooner on the right temple. now the left temple has more regrowth compared to the right

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
originally lost hair sooner on the right temple. now the left temple has more regrowth compared to the right

Interesting. The exactly same thing happend to me. My right temple is much more diffuse than my left. Wonder why that happens.

rossyl44

Reaction score
I stareted about 25 days ago on minoxidil and propecia.
Started shedding after 5 days.

Not sure if its the minoxidil or the propecia!

How long was it before you guys noticed regrowth??

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
How long was it before you guys noticed regrowth??

I`m not 100% sure if I´m seeing any regrowth yet. I think some of the hair that I lost after I started finasteride could be returning. I have some small hair growing between the existing hair on my hairline. But they still seem quite thin. Don`t know if they`ll grow back to normal looking hair. A good thing is that the shedding seems much less agressive compared to what it was 1-2 months ago.

I started finasteride 20 weeks ago.

harry06

Reaction score
Nearly on my regimen 6 months.

Within the first month grew vellus hair around the top cornors of the temples. wasn\'t until month 3 they started to get a bit of pigment, depending on what light you were in. But now there still darkening and slowly growing.

Now starting to notice new vellus hair with a bit of pigment around my original hair line. Which i never thought would even grow back.

I only started to shed going into month 4

G

same thing for me on dutasteride. seeing vellus hairs around temples and hairline but no regrowth in front or crown yet.