What Is The Difference Between Shiseidos Cure And Tsujis Cure?

bobeed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please explain this to me. Arent they basicly the same treatment?

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Shiseido's RCH-01 Hair Regeneration Technology is based on the assumption that dermal sheath cup cells are responsible for the amount of dermal papilla cells you have in your hair follicles. The steady disappearance of dermal papilla cells causes miniaturization and eventually hair loss. Their treatment revolves around injecting these dermal sheath cup cells into the scalp in order to release stimulative factors and temporarily activate native hair follicle growth. Unfortunately, this treatment is still highly speculative and it is unclear whether it will be effective or permanent. Their research is still very vague and it strikes me as some sort of upgrade to traditional PRP injections with a higher efficiency. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong in this regard.

Kyocera-Riken's HF Primordium is based on a permanent treatment which involves taking a needle head-sized sample of donor hair and skin from the back of your head, from which stem cells will be isolated and then cloned 1000 times at the very least. Unlike Shiseido, they will clone everything; the skin cells and the hair cells associated with the hair follicle. They will then be combined to form a hair follicle primordium, which can be packaged and delivered to your local surgeon or any other medical facility for a regular transplant. The hair follicles will then start growing properly in the same manner as they would after a FUT hair transplant; between 3 and 6 months after the hair transplant. The results are permanent and the research which has been done so far is more impressive than that done by Shiseido.

In short, Shiseido wants to inject a specific cell-type into your scalp in hopes of promoting hair growth. Kyocera-Riken want to clone your hair and then transplant it back into your scalp as you would during a normal hair transplant, although it will be less invasive.

Keep in mind that these are merely treatments, not cures. A true cure would probably resemble a CRISPR-made, genetically modified adenovirus which is injected into your body and then proceeds to replace all cells containing the old genetic code which instructs your hair follicles to be sensitive to DHT. However, the HF Primordium would be closer to being a cure than RCH-01 Hair Regeneration Technology.

bobeed

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Shiseido's RCH-01 Hair Regeneration Technology is based on the assumption that dermal sheath cup cells are responsible for the amount of dermal papilla cells you have in your hair follicles. The steady disappearance of dermal papilla cells causes miniaturization and eventually hair loss. Their treatment revolves around injecting these dermal sheath cup cells into the scalp in order to release stimulative factors and temporarily activate native hair follicle growth. Unfortunately, this treatment is still highly speculative and it is unclear whether it will be effective or permanent. Their research is still very vague and it strikes me as some sort of upgrade to traditional PRP injections with a higher efficiency. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong in this regard.

Kyocera-Riken's HF Primordium is based on a permanent treatment which involves taking a needle head-sized sample of donor hair and skin from the back of your head, from which stem cells will be isolated and then cloned 1000 times at the very least. Unlike Shiseido, they will clone everything; the skin cells and the hair cells associated with the hair follicle. They will then be combined to form a hair follicle primordium, which can be packaged and delivered to your local surgeon or any other medical facility for a regular transplant. The hair follicles will then start growing properly in the same manner as they would after a FUT hair transplant; between 3 and 6 months after the hair transplant. The results are permanent and the research which has been done so far is more impressive than that done by Shiseido.

In short, Shiseido wants to inject a specific cell-type into your scalp in hopes of promoting hair growth. Kyocera-Riken want to clone your hair and then transplant it back into your scalp as you would during a normal hair transplant, although it will be less invasive.

Keep in mind that these are merely treatments, not cures. A true cure would probably resemble a CRISPR-made, genetically modified adenovirus which is injected into your body and then proceeds to replace all cells containing the old genetic code which instructs your hair follicles to be sensitive to DHT. However, the HF Primordium would be closer to being a cure than RCH-01 Hair Regeneration Technology.
Thank you so much for even taking the time. I am a norwood 1-2 right now. I hope it will cause the remaining hair to become insensitive to dht. I cant wait till 2020. I will try to save up 20k for this and pray that it will be enough. Again thanks a lot.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so much for even taking the time. I am a norwood 1-2 right now. I hope it will cause the remaining hair to become insensitive to dht. I cant wait till 2020. I will try to save up 20k for this and pray that it will be enough. Again thanks a lot.

The cure will not be available for a long time, although I have my suspicions that the Chinese might have the ability to make something similar to that which I proposed. Don't wait till 2020; even if the HF Primordium gets released that year, it will only be available in Japan and will cost you a lot of money. The price is unknown but will certainly be higher than that of a regular hair transplant.

bobeed

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cure will not be available for a long time, although I have my suspicions that the Chinese might have the ability to make something similar to that which I proposed. Don't wait till 2020; even if the HF Primordium gets released that year, it will only be available in Japan and will cost you a lot of money. The price is unknown but will certainly be higher than that of a regular hair transplant.
Only time will tell us my friend, i really hope it will work, think in time it will
Become cheaper than hair transplant because of automatics, maybe 10 years after "it" gets out it will cost 5-10k

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only time will tell us my friend, i really hope it will work, think in time it will
Become cheaper than hair transplant because of automatics, maybe 10 years after "it" gets out it will cost 5-10k

I agree with your assessment. Ironically, if someone wants to spend as little money as possible in this scenario, they're better off having aggressive balding and consequently losing all the hair they're supposed to lose before having this procedure. Otherwise, they'd need multiple trips and transplants to replace whatever they're continuously losing. Finally some good news for the Norwood 7s out there.

bobeed

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with your assessment. Ironically, if someone wants to spend as little money as possible in this scenario, they're better off having aggressive balding and consequently losing all the hair they're supposed to lose before having this procedure. Otherwise, they'd need multiple trips and transplants to replace whatever they're continuously losing. Finally some good news for the Norwood 7s out there.
I was thinking the same, if this works i better become a nw7 ahah, but the biggest relief would be for me to stop finasterde. Cant wait to drop it. I am giving it 2 more years wether tsuji succeeds or not in 2020 il drop finasteride

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check out organ technologies' site (the hair follicle page). If Google translate knows its Japanese they're planning to depilate any sickly follicles on top before implanting new ones

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check out organ technologies' site (the hair follicle page). If Google translate knows its Japanese they're planning to depilate any sickly follicles on top before implanting new ones

Sickly as in thinning or sickly as in being determined as DHT-sensitive? Finding out which hair follicles are destined to fall out is revolutionary in its own way. Very good news regardless.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sickly as in thinning or sickly as in being determined as DHT-sensitive? Finding out which hair follicles are destined to fall out is revolutionary in its own way. Very good news regardless.
Eh... Wasn't very specific on that one. I suppose trichoscopy can show if hair density or thickness is diminished, leaving the for-now healthy hair intact. Or maybe if you're a little diffuse remove everything on top just in case... I'm sure they'll want to confirm they can produce and implant large numbers of follicles before getting to more technical stuff. Depilation is easy, if they charge ~50k for the treatment (hypothetical figure) it's just an extra for convenience.

Finding out susceptible areas in your scalp is possible I guess with skin biopsies but it would be too complicated and fussy for this so no.