What is the best microneedling derma-pen and which settings do you use?

NotMYChairNotMyProblem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to just get some opinions here before making an expensive purchase. I currently am on 1mg finasteride every other day and i apply 5% minoxidil once a day. I want to start microneedling but I am reading so many different opinions on which one is best:
Dr. Pen A6 vs M8?
Derminator crossed my mind but that one is $$$$ lol.
Also 12 16 or 36 needles?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
My current hair: I am thinning in the crown area and top of my head as well. I have attached a photo for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_7688.JPG
    IMG_7688.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 67

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to just get some opinions here before making an expensive purchase. I currently am on 1mg finasteride every other day and i apply 5% minoxidil once a day. I want to start microneedling but I am reading so many different opinions on which one is best:
Dr. Pen A6 vs M8?
Derminator crossed my mind but that one is $$$$ lol.
Also 12 16 or 36 needles?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
My current hair: I am thinning in the crown area and top of my head as well. I have attached a photo for reference.
The most recommend length I think is 1.0 to 1.5 mm every 1 to 2 weeks, something like that

I use Dr. Pen A6 with 12 needles
Why 12 needles? I don't know tbh

I started microneedling really early on WITH other stuff, so I have no idea if it even works by itself, and so I'm stuck doing it LOL

NotMYChairNotMyProblem

My Regimen
Reaction score
The most recommend length I think is 1.0 to 1.5 mm every 1 to 2 weeks, something like that

I use Dr. Pen A6 with 12 needles
Why 12 needles? I don't know tbh

I started microneedling really early on WITH other stuff, so I have no idea if it even works by itself, and so I'm stuck doing it LOL
does it hurt? Im torn between the A6 12 needles and the M8 with 16 needles lol

StacySixx

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just my opinion. I use a Dr. Pen with 36 needles. 1.5 mm 1 time per week. I turn it to highest speed setting. I try to achieve pin point bleeding. My scalp usually peels a few days later. I'm very happy with my results. Pain is there but tolerable. Been doing this consistently for about three months.