What is ment by " my hairloss stoppep " ?

Becks

Reaction score
A : You loose still hair but under 100 a day

B : You loose 0 hair a day ( :) just say you don't notice any hairloss while combing and showering or any other kind of activity)

Is it true that rogaine want stop hairloss, I mean I'll be using it with regrowth but still will loose alot of hair ?

Bismarck

Reaction score
The word "hairloss" addresses two things:

1.) The normal "hair-change" (can be up to 200 hairs a day) at the end of the telogen-phase. The follicle immedeatly produces a new hair so that no thinning is visible

2.) Any kind of alopecia (like male pattern baldness) where no new hair is produced.

Is it true that rogaine want stop hairloss, I mean I'll be using it with regrowth but still will loose alot of hair ?

That is possible. If you want, shedding is an extreme form of 1.): Many follicles in the minoxidil-treated area produce new hairs at the same time so many "old" hairs will be pushed out. That's why people say that shedding is a good sign.

BISMARCK

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need to be looking at this with a long term perspective.

You always lose hairs. Hairs grow in cycles, thats just how it is. When someone said they put a stop to their hairloss, they mean that overall, in the long run, they're not thinning or receeding anymore.

And as Bis said, minoxidil will make you shed hairs. But this is a good thing. You need to see things in the longview.

However, Minoxidil does nothing to save the follicles from eventual death. In my opinion, unless you're only concern is the next 3-5 years, it is foolish to use Minoxidil without also using an anti DHT agent like Finasteride, Dutesteride, or topical Spironolactone.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Flux and Bismark both have it right on.

If it's personal experience your going for then I'll give you mine.
During the times that my hair stabilizes or improves I'm probably losing somewhere in the range of 50-70 hairs a day. That is a pretty accurate count, considering sometimes I'm so obsessive I have to count precisely how many hairs I lose in the shower. I know, i'm sick. Anyways when I'm shedding and my hair begins to deteriorate I'm probably losing in the realm of 100-130 a day. Take that for what it's worth but realize that although this may be true for me, you could go through the same cycles and elicit a completely different result. Shedding differentiates between people.