What exactly is sock loss?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So i was wandering, i have gotten a preety nice density with minoxidil in front, but i still have some thinning that i really dislike in crown. Anyway i think with about 1000grafts maybe less it could give me some decent density. If i even recede or lose some density on the front (i consider i wont lose much since i am on minoxidil and propecia) i could have some additional operations to cover it up. I know its not a wise idea, but if i could have nice hair for the next 10 years i would be amazed, because i think a much more potent and promising solution will be out by then. But i am really concerned about sock loss. Do hair that fall out from sock loss come back? What are the chances of it to happen? Please give me your info!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most i've read existing hair that is close to the hair transplant's that suffer shock loss do come back. That should not be a worry and it doesn't always happen and if it does its only some existing hair that is lost and then comes back a few months later. I think you have a good plan similar to mine except i'm not stable on the meds yet as its a bit early.

Hopefull HM's available before 2010.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice, i am also not yet completely stable, thats why i am not going to take any decisions yet. I just assume that since i have good regrowth, i will have good mantainance as well. Just hopes though.

s.a.f

Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
But i am really concerned about sock loss!
Me too, I swear that there was a pair in the laundry basket but when you take them from the washing machine there's always one missing. :lol:

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Me too, I swear that there was a pair in the laundry basket but when you take them from the washing machine there's always one missing.

:oops: :oops: :D