What do you use to control odor on your scalp and piece?

jasenwm

Reaction score
I'm getting my hair piece in three weeks. I'm so excited you have no idea. I will be getting a full lace system but I sweat alot and was reading about enzyme products that disolve odors. What do you do and what products do you use to to keep your scalp and piece fresh?

Grimoire

Reaction score
The simple solution is to shampoo your hair system twice a week. You may also want to rinse and condition your hair every time you shower, even on days when you don't shampoo.

The biggest cause of offensive odor is wearing your hair system for several weeks at a time, especially if you use product on the hair. I'd suggest not wearing your hair system for more than two weeks at a time.

baller88

Reaction score
De/re every week (I do mine every Friday morning), it might seem like a slight chore but it does prevent excess residue buildup. Wash your hair twice a week, once with shampoo & conditioner (I recommend the Loreal Serie Expert range) and the other without any product but make sure the water goes through the lace and also rinses your scalp, I use the option 2 setting on my shower head (the one in between free fall and jet massage). Wearing a shower cap might be a good idea, and try using 'dry shampoo' in between washes if need be; I recommend 'Batiste Original' which is unscented but make sure you don't overuse it and avoid using in hairline area. Also its very important that you use a scalp sealer. Use a leave-in conditioner every 3-4 days or so, I'd use the one from Loreal Serie Expert range and avoid anything from HD as those just aren't true salon quality.

All these things not only solve the problem but should make your HS last much longer.