What do you think of this plan?

hairboy12345

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

23 year old here with fine blonde hair diffusing in a NW5 pattern. Been using DHT blockers for two years now but struggling with sides so looking to switch to topical finasteride but am not too hopeful. Can currently keep an ok looking head of hair using fibres but not for much longer.

My plan is to have a recessed frontal transplant next year that - with toppik - will give me a 'natural' head of hair for my 20s. When the day comes to shave down, I'll either be able to supplement my head with smp for that textured look, or place a hair system behind the hairline (hopefully these will become less stigmatised over the next few years).

Does this seem logical? Money isn't a major problem and the alternative is to live my 20s with an annoying hair system or a head like an alien.

Cheers all

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

23 year old here with fine blonde hair diffusing in a NW5 pattern. Been using DHT blockers for two years now but struggling with sides so looking to switch to topical finasteride but am not too hopeful. Can currently keep an ok looking head of hair using fibres but not for much longer.

My plan is to have a recessed frontal transplant next year that - with toppik - will give me a 'natural' head of hair for my 20s. When the day comes to shave down, I'll either be able to supplement my head with smp for that textured look, or place a hair system behind the hairline (hopefully these will become less stigmatised over the next few years).

Does this seem logical? Money isn't a major problem and the alternative is to live my 20s with an annoying hair system or a head like an alien.

Cheers all
Hair transplant at 20s without any treatment ? forget about it , you will change one nightmare for another much worst .
Go for topical finasteride 0.025 % , Minoxidil, tretinoin plus ketoconazole shampoo.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Cheers all
Hmm, defiantly schedule a consultation with a few good, reputable surgeons. To be honest, you're probably not going to be a great candidate for procedures but if you have quality donor hair and are willing to get a FUT I'm sure some really good doctors will be willing to work with you. If you're going to try and get FUE at 23 with a full on NW5 pattern though, you're probably better off going down the system route because you're likely not to remain a NW5 unless you have some pretty solid evidence via family or absolutely 0 thinning in the donor. You also have fine blond hair and density is going to be a difficult feat without great donor supply.

I know nothing about systems them but find one of those salons that do everything for you and you just schedule it every 3-4 weeks like you would a haircut, you'll probably end up much happier going down that route even though it's annoying.

Lastly, don't instantly assume you have an alien head. You might pull off the shave just fine and then you can approach transplants from a perspective of acceptance rather then desperation and end up in a much better position, because your plan is a recipe for disaster at 23. If you don't have minimum 8k graphs don't even bother.