What Derma-roller length should I get for Rogaine?

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Decided to try Dermarolling. What micro-needle length is ideal with Rogaine/Minoxidil? 0.25, 0.5, 1, 1.5, or 2 mm? Thx.

Last edited:

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For better penetration of minoxidil, 0.5mm is enough.
But if you want to activate stem cells for re-growth of hair, you need to pierce 1.5 mm, but not more than 2 mm. But it is difficult and painful to do this with the dermaroller, because the needles are thick and designed for the body, not the head. For this purpose DermaPen Dr. Pen is necessary, the needles there are thin and you can set any length.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
As long as you're not applying minoxidil after dermarolling? I think you are supposed to skip minoxidil for the whole morning and night if dermarolling that day.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as you're not applying minoxidil after dermarolling? I think you are supposed to skip minoxidil for the whole morning and night if dermarolling that day.
Is it bad to do both minoxidil and dermaroll same day ?

Last edited:

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard different opinions. Some say do some say don't. I think it has something to do with it getting directly into your blood and can cause palpitations etc. I'm assuming this, though maybe someone else who knows more can chime in.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it bad to do both minoxidil and dermaroll same day ?
If your aim is to simply enhance the penetration of a minoxidil solution then you ought to use a .2mm or .25mm derma stamp. Note that a derma stamp is different than a roller in that you're only making small holes in the scalp not causing any "damage".

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using a derma stamp lately and I find it much more comfortable than the roller. I can also feel the needles going into the scalp but with much less pain then the roller. I go up to around 1.75 and it is very tolerable. I think I was using a 1mm roller and my face screwed up every time I used it.

adrob76

Reaction score
Any updates on people derma-rolling, does it provide noticeable benefits and not systemic side effects?