what can i use to get rid of water retention in the chest?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what i can use to get rid of water retention in the chest?
Even when i flex my chest there is still skin i can grab and it never used to be like this and im a lean guy. It started noticing this when i first tried saw palmetto for a few months and switching to finasteride made no difference. My chest is lose when not flexed and it used to be tight and i've never gained 1 extra pound since before it was tight. Its def water retention. Any recomendations or something i can take to get rid of this water retention that is safe to use? Any help would be great.Thanks!

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: what can i use to get rid of water retention in the ches

stax said:
My chest is lose when not flexed and it used to be tight and i've never gained 1 extra pound since before it was tight. Its def water retention.

You do know that water is pretty heavy, right? o_o

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well i dont mean actually 1 pound but it could be only 1 or 2 ponuds of water retention but its definetly water retention trust me. I can grab on to more skin when im flexing my chest and this started happening right after taking saw palmetto and it the same now that im on finasteride. If i didnt have this water retention i wouldnt be able to grab on to this much skin and its not fat trust me. When i dont flex my chest and start tapping on it it jiggles a bit like its full of water. Also my nipple stick out just a little bit more then before. Help Please!

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Saw Palmetto, but the way you describe it make it sound more like gynecomastia than any form of water retention.

Anyway, if you think that you need to get as high amount as possible of water out of your body you could try taking caffeine pills for a weak and decrease your intake of fluids.

Just don't completely dehydrate yourself. 8)

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude thats not water. I hate to tell you this but you are growing breasts. Its a side effect of finasteride some people get, called gyno.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude its not gyno man, it doesnt hurt, no lumps,nothing. When i flex i can feel and see the solid muscle and eveything is solid. But when i dont flex its not as hard and firm as it used to be and its loose when i dont flex.

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yo nerf hearders why didnt you ask trax's diet? Has it changed? Has your lifestyle changed? Do you workout? How old are you? Do you swallow your finasteride or suckle it?

Gleep

NHLfan

Reaction score
stax said:
Dude its not gyno man, it doesnt hurt, no lumps,nothing. When i flex i can feel and see the solid muscle and eveything is solid. But when i dont flex its not as hard and firm as it used to be and its loose when i dont flex.

I have the same thing, plus weight gain, and trust me, I’m a lean guy. My body has changed in the past 3 months. It’s just “soft†now.

I’m lowering my dosage to 0.25 (and saving money in the process). If the chest puffiness and softness doesn’t go away in a couple of months (I will be working out like mad as well), I’m off finasteride. Especially with summer on the way, I’d rather be receding than have a woman’s body

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
extremekicks, im 21 years old and my diet has pretty much stayed the same for years since i live at home. I dont really eat too much junk food and fast food. But just to mention i started saw palmetto around the same time my work switched me to night shift for about 6 months and thata also when i noticed a bit more hairloss too. But i've been on my regular shift now for 4 months and my chest hasnt changed. Like i said when i flex its hard muscle and i can see the ripped muscle and striations but when i dont flex its not as tight as before so its def fluid. I've read another poster on HLH and he went through the same sh*t and when he stopped finasteride for a few weeks it reduced. I dont work out but i have good gene's and im naturally muscular and lean and have pretty good muscle size. And yes i swallow finasteride :wink:

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL i was kidding on the suckel - swallow finasteride.

Well looks like you went through some changes with your work. Sleep is important. I took have flattened out and I use to be a bodybuilder...I havent trained much due to injuries as well, however im almost 100% and will begin some intense training and see if I can get my hard / cut look back. Your body goes through changes where your metabolism will slow down some. Cut back on the finasteride.... and you may now have to start working for that body you use to have. Be sure to eat lean as well.

Good luck mung

pce

Teddy150

Reaction score
I am experiencing the exact same thing. I've always been thin and lean so this is noticable early for me.

I was on varying levels of Saw Palmetto for about 3 years. I never really noticed a problem in my chest until about 2 months ago. I had increased my dosage of Saw Palmetto pretty high in the past 6 months. I noticed the exact same thing as you, a little extra skin/flab in the chest. It was a little worrisome, but not too noticeable.

3 weeks ago I decided to try Avodart to really attack my male pattern baldness. My hair results have been really great in such a short time. I see a big improvement in my thinning spot on the back of my head and even in my temples.

However, the chest flabbiness has gotten a little worse. I'm afraid I am going to have to abandon Avodart and go back to small Saw P doses. I'm all set with having a chick body.