what can i expect at around the 1month mark

djthomas85

Reaction score
hi guys, just been on finpecia for a month, and would like to know from experience what is to be expected at this point?

thank you
dave

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, possibly a halt in hair loss if you're an exceptional responder. If you're not using minoxidil the prospects of regrowth at this point are rather slim.

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
Same here also, mine stopped at about the one month mark. Lets hope it continues.(Knock on wood!!!!)

bubka

Reaction score
maybe a slight increase, maybe nothing.... i doubt you would already see a decrease in loss, but who knows

djthomas85

Reaction score
so its now been 5 weeks and i can safely say that my hair is thinner????
normal ????
my temples werent really bad before say Norwood 1.2 - 1.5 at worst, now i rekon i ts almost perfect again - but thats after the rogaine foam i believe.

but my hair on top was always my main concern,and it really does appear thinner, is it definately possible that my existing hair will get thicker soonish????

thanks!!

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd say that you probably have a few months to go before you'll see any significant improvement, I'd also be prepared for more shedding if I were you.. just hang in there mate.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
yes I started Propecia on Nov. 15 and had dramatic results of more hair, however up intill a week ago when i had some major Shedding. i dont understand how i went to step 2 back to step 1. From what i have been reading its just a phase and my hair will grow back stronger and fuller in a few months or so hopefully sooner!

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
be patient people. only start analysing the situation after 6 months.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for over a month and still losing hair and appears thiner all over, sounds same to you to ...Keep being told to be patient and it get worse before it gets better. Easier said than done when your hair looks like s**t. We have to keep the faith the big 3 is the best that can be done.

Wish this tiredness and Brainfog would subside though....i'm gonna have to cut down from 1mg if this continues or take a month off work to go to sleep.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
be patient people. only start analysing the situation after 6 months.
Yes, be patient. My hair is getting alot thicker & fuller now and I'am on my second month now.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would say get on minoxidil. I see no point of you not doing that.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
I would say get on minoxidil. I see no point of you not doing that.
if it's maintenance what u want and not regrowth, no point starting minoxidil. it's a drug you'll have to stay on forever if u want to avoid the mother of all sheds and that does nothing to stop/slow hairloss.